KH saddle chafing???

Old January 7th 04, 08:28 PM
TheObieOne3226

Default KH saddle chafing???

Does anyone know how to stop the chafing that I now assoscioate with
hopping while using a KH saddle? I've tried everything short of b*ke
shorts but nothing seems to work.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

I won!!! I won!!! $535??? I'm broke for the rest of my life.

-Me

Old January 7th 04, 08:31 PM
paco

Then I'd suggest the b*ke shorts. They really do help. I was a convert
as soon as I tried my first pair.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

Sounds exactly like an orthodic support for shoes, only different. Would
this be called a butt-thodic support? or glutethodic?
-S_Wallis
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old January 7th 04, 10:17 PM
muniracer

yes, b*ke shorts help, but i think that just riding and hopping more
will fix the prob. i used to ride a miyata and i just got a kh (onza)
seat and it chaffed at first, but after 20 or so hours of riding it went
away. now the miyata kinda chaffs...

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old January 7th 04, 10:26 PM
Sofa

As recommended on this forum, Vaseline Creamy (looks like Nivea cold
cream, not the 'other' kind of vaseline) really helps with chaffing.

It feels pretty slimy putting on, though.

As discovered by myself when dealing with chaffing (time in the saddle,
not due to hopping, but I'd still give it a try)

Throw a handful of baby powder (or it's dirt cheap equivelant..what I
used when chaffing was an issue...cornstarch) in your shorts (front and
back)

Either will most likely help you out.

| Attachment filename: pict0003.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/183493|

Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.0

'when I'm at the limit of my endurance, 5% extra resistance could be
enough to stop me in my track. ' - MikeFule

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old January 8th 04, 01:31 AM
Rowan

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
*Does anyone know how to stop the chafing that I now assoscioate with
hopping while using a KH saddle? I've tried everything short of b*ke
shorts but nothing seems to work. *

It could be to do with your seat height. During the NZUni weekend I
experienced worse chafing than I usually get from my airseat. I think it
was because the saddle was lower than I like to have it. When the seat
is low, it rubs against your legs more when you hop, and when it is
higher there is less movement. Perhaps try putting the seat up a bit, it
usually feels better for riding when it is high.

--
Rowan - Bald Unicycler
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

Old January 8th 04, 03:40 AM
Catboy

Out of all of these i would reccomend cornstarch. Its odorless unlike
baby powder and its not a creme so if your mom/roomate walks in while
applying it they wont think your having some fun with yourself and its
dirt cheap and a little goes along way and it washes out of any clothes
without a trace AND its fun to squish in your hands...the cornstarch
that is. Its never failde me when chaffing was an issue even after 15
mile rides on the on a miyata seat.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

"Awww man its like I ate a candy cane through my nose or a koala bear
crapped a rainbow into my brain!"-Me just after beleiving that if you
put Burts Bees wax on your eyelids it will keep you awake.

Old January 8th 04, 06:45 PM
XWonka

i find tomato paste works best for chaffing.

I hope you like neighborhood dogs

--
XWonka - Touch My Tooter

"Plus, if Elmer sees anyone commiting any crimes against safety, he can
crush them with his huge ass."
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Old January 8th 04, 08:23 PM
TheObieOne3226

I do have the seat too low, but since it is for trials, raising it would
reduce my hopping abilities. I don't wanna buy b*ke shorts and I don't
wanna use butt'r or some kindof lube, so I guess my only option is to
get used to it.

Old January 9th 04, 03:43 AM
Sofa

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
* I don't wanna buy b*ke shorts and I don't wanna use butt'r or some
kindof lube, so I guess my only option is to get used to it. *

No....get bike shorts

You say you don't want to. You must no have ever worn them.

If you have worn them, and don't want them, you must simply just be
crazy

Old January 9th 04, 03:46 AM
muniracer

Sofa wrote:
*

No....get bike shorts

You say you don't want to. You must no have ever worn them.

If you have worn them, and don't want them, you must simply just be
crazy *

sofa is absolutely right, bike shorts rock! i usually ride with them
under normal shorts but every so often i get the desire to ride in
nothing but... i'll just stop now

--

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Saddle review martin Techniques 6 May 8th 04 02:52 AM
Frame Fit: Sit-Bones, KOPS, Saddle Setback, Stem Length (Pete Cresswell) Mountain Biking 7 April 21st 04 10:41 PM
Possible Saddle Adjustment Needed? Tom Young Techniques 2 April 8th 04 05:41 AM