Helmet Covers used in TdF?

Old July 3rd 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
TheCoz

Default Helmet Covers used in TdF?

I saw several riders so far in this year 2012 TdF wearing what looks
like a helmet cover, including Cav. I thought this was illegal in the
pro peloton?
Coz
Old July 3rd 12, 07:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 661104 20120703 032900 TheCoz wrote:
I saw several riders so far in this year 2012 TdF wearing what looks
like a helmet cover, including Cav. I thought this was illegal in the
pro peloton?
Coz

It's the leading team in the team competition.
Old July 3rd 12, 09:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 3, 12:27*am, Bob Martin wrote:
in 661104 20120703 032900 TheCoz wrote:

I saw several riders so far in this year 2012 TdF wearing what looks
like a helmet cover, including Cav. I thought this was illegal in the
pro peloton?
Coz

It's the leading team in the team competition.

That explains the yellow helmets, but not why some riders are using
covers.
http://cdn0.theroar.com.au/wp-conten...ow-helmets.jpg

DR
Old July 3rd 12, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 03/07/2012 09:18, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Jul 3, 12:27 am, Bob wrote:
in 661104 20120703 032900 wrote:

I saw several riders so far in this year 2012 TdF wearing what looks
like a helmet cover, including Cav. I thought this was illegal in the
pro peloton?
Coz

It's the leading team in the team competition.

That explains the yellow helmets, but not why some riders are using
covers.
http://cdn0.theroar.com.au/wp-conten...ow-helmets.jpg

Looking at that picture I wondered if Chris Horner gets helmet vent shaped
sunburn patches on his head?

Old July 3rd 12, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 7/3/2012 3:18 AM, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Jul 3, 12:27 am, Bob Martin wrote:
in 661104 20120703 032900 TheCoz wrote:

I saw several riders so far in this year 2012 TdF wearing what looks
like a helmet cover, including Cav. I thought this was illegal in the
pro peloton?
Coz

It's the leading team in the team competition.

That explains the yellow helmets, but not why some riders are using
covers.
http://cdn0.theroar.com.au/wp-conten...ow-helmets.jpg

DR

That's not a cover, it's the shell. UCI rules don't require vents. Yet.

Old July 4th 12, 11:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred[_2_]

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/giro-debut-air-attack-aero-road-helmet-34308/

Old July 5th 12, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"TheCoz" wrote in message
I saw several riders so far in this year 2012 TdF wearing what looks
like a helmet cover, including Cav. I thought this was illegal in the
pro peloton?
Coz

It's not a cover. I was watching NBC sports coverage of the tour and they
asked this same question. It is a helmet designed to be more aero, resulting
in substantial advantage - the air is sucked in under the forehead and a
specially designed interior sends air over the head and out the rear. It's
an extra advantage, that saves a few seconds/bike lengths.

AP COVERS ALLWORTH datakoll Techniques 0 January 12th 09 05:48 PM
chain covers? [email protected] Techniques 15 December 18th 07 09:25 PM
Brain box covers Marc Brett UK 10 December 9th 05 11:34 PM
FS: Look Cleat Covers daggits Marketplace 0 February 2nd 05 03:39 AM
FS: Look Cleat Covers` daggits Marketplace 0 January 9th 05 11:24 PM