Can this be true?

Old November 7th 19, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Can this be true?

On 11/7/2019 2:55 PM, Tosspot wrote:
On 07/11/2019 01:45, Frank Krygowski wrote:
This is admirable. In fact, it's amazing:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...million-miles/

But look at the 2nd photo! No helmet. No lycra. No STI. No disc
brakes. Toe clips instead of clipless pedals. No visible carbon
fiber. Those even look like cottered cranks!

Can it really be true?

Cotter pins!Â* And it shall be, he that is taken with the accursed thing
shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he hath: because he hath
transgressed the covenant of the LORD!

Joshua 7:15.Â* Well known cyclist was Joshua.

But which Joshua was that? There are many:
https://www.road-results.com/?n=race...&lname=&tname=

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 7th 19, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 7:14:31 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 8:30:36 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 19:45:10 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

This is admirable. In fact, it's amazing:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...million-miles/

But look at the 2nd photo! No helmet. No lycra. No STI. No disc brakes.
Toe clips instead of clipless pedals. No visible carbon fiber. Those
even look like cottered cranks!

Can it really be true?

And his "lowest" mileage was 18,500 miles. It makes those bragging
about 4,000 miles look like pretty silly :-)

Actually, his recent 8,000 mile year was his lowest, due to age. It's amazing and odd all at the same time. I know nothing about this gentleman, but for some people I do know, super-high mileage can mean a rather empty life.

-- Jay Beattie.

Jay, Go visit the British Islands again. They are not like us where within 30 miles there are a half dozen towns and just about anything anyone could want. Since he ditched his car for the bikes so long ago, he did absolutely everything on his bike.

I think that you're thinking about the sort of wide open spaces we have here. I could conceivably do everything I want to do on a bike but I have a wife that no longer rides so I have to be able to ferry her around when she isn't using her own car.
Old November 8th 19, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 14:25:13 -0800, Tom Kunich wrote:

Jay, Go visit the British Islands again. They are not like us where
within 30 miles there are a half dozen towns and just about anything
anyone could want. Since he ditched his car for the bikes so long ago,
he did absolutely everything on his bike.

Too expensive to keep for 50 miles of travel each year.

I think that you're thinking about the sort of wide open spaces we have
here. I could conceivably do everything I want to do on a bike but I
have a wife that no longer rides so I have to be able to ferry her
around when she isn't using her own car.

Err, golden opportunity for a tandem.

Old November 8th 19, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 20:55:03 +0100, Tosspot wrote:

On 07/11/2019 01:45, Frank Krygowski wrote:
This is admirable. In fact, it's amazing:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-become-first-

person-britain-cycle-one-million-miles/

But look at the 2nd photo! No helmet. No lycra. No STI. No disc brakes.
Toe clips instead of clipless pedals. No visible carbon fiber. Those
even look like cottered cranks!

Can it really be true?

Cotter pins!

when I started repurposing bicycle frames for project, a large ice cream
container of cotter pins quickly resulted. I was able to put a way the
files for a bit mor tub picking.

Is this True? Sue White UK 34 December 24th 07 01:24 PM
So true! Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 4 February 2nd 06 10:49 PM
True wheel has slack spoke, doesn't stay true Tad Marko Techniques 33 December 10th 05 09:05 PM
Wheel true or not true? Ken Marcet Techniques 9 March 27th 05 06:24 PM
This is so true Carl Sundquist Racing 8 September 13th 04 03:53 AM