Cyclist hospitalised

Old May 4th 15, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist hospitalised

by another cyclist. Now I feel sure that someone said that cyclists are
so nimble and able to stop instantly and in any case their impact would
be so slight that any collision will never result in injury.

Flown to hospital, surely a bicycle ambulance would do?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-32581794
Old May 4th 15, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 04/05/2015 18:41, Mrcheerful wrote:
by another cyclist. Now I feel sure that someone said that cyclists are
so nimble and able to stop instantly and in any case their impact would
be so slight that any collision will never result in injury.

Flown to hospital, surely a bicycle ambulance would do?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-32581794

You are on a mission, aren't you.
The quote you mention was written by Tough Guy (if I'm not mistaken)
Enough said?
Old May 4th 15, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/05/2015 19:18, Bod wrote:
On 04/05/2015 18:41, Mrcheerful wrote:
by another cyclist. Now I feel sure that someone said that cyclists are
so nimble and able to stop instantly and in any case their impact would
be so slight that any collision will never result in injury.

Flown to hospital, surely a bicycle ambulance would do?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-32581794

You are on a mission, aren't you.
The quote you mention was written by Tough Guy (if I'm not mistaken)
Enough said?

I don't actually see his/her/its posts. I think it was several people
including/mainly Simple Simon that came up with it.
Old May 4th 15, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 04/05/2015 19:28, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 04/05/2015 19:18, Bod wrote:
On 04/05/2015 18:41, Mrcheerful wrote:
by another cyclist. Now I feel sure that someone said that cyclists are
so nimble and able to stop instantly and in any case their impact would
be so slight that any collision will never result in injury.

Flown to hospital, surely a bicycle ambulance would do?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-32581794

You are on a mission, aren't you.
The quote you mention was written by Tough Guy (if I'm not mistaken)
Enough said?

I don't actually see his/her/its posts. I think it was several people
including/mainly Simple Simon that came up with it.

well, whoever it was, it was a silly statement to make.
I don't wear a helmet whilst cycling, but I accept it is more sensible
to wear one and wouldn't knock anyone wearing a helmet.
In fact the mate I regularly cycle with always wears one.
Old May 4th 15, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 04 May 2015 19:49:48 +0100
Bod wrote:

I don't wear a helmet whilst cycling, but I accept it is more
sensible to wear one

Why? You believe the purveyors of overpriced plastic? You do realise
they're only rated to withstand the impact of toppling off a stationary
bike, and have been implicated in neck and rotational brain injuries?

Old May 4th 15, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Bod wrote:

I don't wear a helmet whilst cycling, but I accept it is more
sensible to wear one

Why? You believe the purveyors of overpriced plastic? You do realise
they're only rated to withstand the impact of toppling off a stationary
bike, and have been implicated in neck and rotational brain injuries?

Having examined the available data I conclude it is better to wear a helmet when driving.
Motorists who refuse to wear helmets should not be treated by the NHS.

Old May 5th 15, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Bod wrote:

I don't wear a helmet whilst cycling, but I accept it is more
sensible to wear one

Why? You believe the purveyors of overpriced plastic? You do realise
they're only rated to withstand the impact of toppling off a stationary
bike, and have been implicated in neck and rotational brain injuries?

Having examined the available data I conclude it is better to wear a helmet
when driving.
Motorists who refuse to wear helmets should not be treated by the NHS.

You might even have a point there. Motorists do have something in their
heads worth protecting, something that cannot be said for cyclists, which
you continually go on to prove.

Old May 5th 15, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Bod wrote:

I don't wear a helmet whilst cycling, but I accept it is more
sensible to wear one

Why? You believe the purveyors of overpriced plastic? You do realise
they're only rated to withstand the impact of toppling off a stationary
bike, and have been implicated in neck and rotational brain injuries?

Having examined the available data I conclude it is better to wear a helmet when driving.
Motorists who refuse to wear helmets should not be treated by the NHS.

Oh dear, that old chestnut again.

Motorists have; seat belts, belt pre tensioners, crumple zones, air
bags, padded dashboards, collapsible steering columns etc. Oh, and a
nice steel safety cage.

Old May 5th 15, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Bod wrote:

I don't wear a helmet whilst cycling, but I accept it is more
sensible to wear one

Why? You believe the purveyors of overpriced plastic?

And the NHS, the Ambulance service, ROSPA, the BMA and the Highway Code.

You do realise
they're only rated to withstand the impact of toppling off a stationary
bike, and have been implicated in neck and rotational brain injuries?

But only by cycling pressure group halfwits.

Try the following simple experiment;

Drop a weight 'X' onto your head from distance 'Y' whilst wearing a
cycle helmet.

Repeat without the helmet.

Record which experiment causes the most pain & trauma.

Old May 5th 15, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 05 May 2015 08:26:17 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

Motorists do have something in their heads worth protecting, something
that cannot be said for cyclists,

Why do people insult others?

They are insecure of themselves, and so, look for the flaws or
"downfalls" in others.
They have a lot of anger inside them with nowhere to place it, so they
take it out on someone in order to release it.