Bike Thief Beatdown

Old October 5th 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ablang

Default Bike Thief Beatdown

Bike Thief Beatdown
September 20th, 2009 by Andrew

http://bikehacks.com/bike-thief-beatdown/

Here's a video of the 2nd 1/2 of a bike thief getting beat up.

Locking up your whip properly won’t always stop your whip from being
stolen (unfortunately)…however if you happen to catch the thief in the
act of stealing your steed, what would you do? Via Liveleak:

This rather graphic video, which depicts an alleged bike thief getting
beaten up after getting caught by the bike owner and his friends in
the East Village. On the one hand, lowlife thieves deserve what’s
coming to them; on the other hand, street justice does have its
downsides (anarchy, mob rule, model riots, etc).

“The guy wasn’t bleeding or banged up. Just enough to send a message.
DON’T STEAL BIKES. Cops won’t do anything and this guy will think
twice about stealing bikes.”

Here’s the story. I was having brunch on first ave and first street
with a a couple of friends including Alfred. It was a pretty sunny
day and a good there was a good amount of pedestrian traffic. Nothing
unusual. Alfred went out to make a call and spotted someone looking
over his bike. Nothing unusual there either as he got a hot ass
Cannondale with hot ass wheels. The guy was average looking, had a
helmet and a bag. He looked like your average Joe casual biker.
Suddenly this dude gets on his knees and pulls out a drill. At first
Alfred thought he wanted to steal his wheels,until he saw the drill.
Is this what it has come out to?! People stealing bike with drills?
Anyways as he was getting ready to drill the u-lock, Alfred comes in
the restaurant and yells – yo someones trying to steal my bike, lets
go get him….and let me tell you this a-hole tried stealing the wrong
bike. First it was a bike messengers bike and second it was Alfred’s
bike and the motherf-r got a temper sometimes. So we roll out to this
dude and start pounding him. My first instinct was to get my U lock
and bang on him, but my bike was already locked up…so we bum rushed
this dude and started pounding him. Everybody is watching and
wondering why this dude is being plummeted, but at that point we don’t
give a F. We had to make sure this a-hole doesn’t do it again. Me
personally I have had 2 bikes stolen in like a month apart. He didn’t
even look like a bike thief! So while pounding him I reach out to put
my phone in my pocket and realized I had a camera on so I pulled it
out and captured the second half of the beating!

While Bikehacks DOES NOT condone violence in any way, this little
story brings up a good point about street justice…”street justice does
have its downsides (anarchy, mob rule, model riots, etc)“. I would
pose this question to the readers…have any of you ever caught a thief
red-handed? If you did happen to catch one of these lowlifes in
action, what would YOU do? Tell us about it in the comments section
Old October 6th 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Ablang wrote:
[...]

The video was indeed terrible but the point came across.
They should have taken his drill. Put him out of business and hope he
gets caught trying to lift another drill at a hardware store.

Bill Baka
Old October 7th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

"Bill Baka" wrote: (clip) They should have taken his drill. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If he still had the drill when the beating was over, it certainly was not in
his hands--maybe up his ass where it belonged.

Old October 15th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Lee[_5_]

Really that video is quite mild as the guy is still walking and
talking. I was expecting an unconscious guy on the floor getting his
head kicked in.

One legged bike thief sentenced. Martin[_2_] UK 3 September 16th 09 10:17 AM
Met. Police 1, bike thief 0 Jon UK 5 October 4th 07 03:59 PM
Trade Rat Bike Thief Steve McDonald General 7 June 25th 05 07:31 AM
A different kind of bike thief dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers General 5 May 26th 04 01:36 PM