300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

Old May 17th 17, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:44:14 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:25:19 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:20:44 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:02:15 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:

Can you tell me how the tax income is separate depending whether it
come from standard rate tax payers & higher rate tax payers?

Standard rate tax payers take more out of the tax trough than they contribute.
Mainly 'education' for their swarm of ill mannered brats and their diabetes.

High rate tax payers make a nett contribution to the tax fund.

Then vote conservative and get rid of it.

No matter who you vote for the Government always gets in.
I will not be voting in our sham, police state, democracy.

I agree, but it's best to pick the least bad of the lot.

I'd prefer to vote for no government at all.

--
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer
Old May 17th 17, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:51:27 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:44:14 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:25:19 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:20:44 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:02:15 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:

Can you tell me how the tax income is separate depending whether it
come from standard rate tax payers & higher rate tax payers?

Standard rate tax payers take more out of the tax trough than they contribute.
Mainly 'education' for their swarm of ill mannered brats and their diabetes.

High rate tax payers make a nett contribution to the tax fund.

Then vote conservative and get rid of it.

No matter who you vote for the Government always gets in.
I will not be voting in our sham, police state, democracy.

I agree, but it's best to pick the least bad of the lot.

I'd prefer to vote for no government at all.

Sadly there is no box marked 'None of the above' although you could write it on your ballot paper.

Old May 18th 17, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:46:27 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:42:11 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:24:53 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:15:12 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 11:09:56 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Cars are measured in horsepower.

What is average length of a Ford Focus, as measured in horsepower?

Are you really that stupid? How tall is your bicycle in grams?

You are the one who said cars are measured in horsepower.

Their *power* is. There is more than one measurement to a thing.

And how does that matter?

The C12 standard defines the number of C12 atoms in a gram.
The size of a C12 atom is defined.
Therefore it is possible to specify how tall a bicycle is in grams.
The numerical answer is left as a exercise for the student.

Bull****. You're assuming a width of one atom.

Defined.

That would hurt to ride it.

Is an electron a wave or a particle?

Old May 18th 17, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/05/2017 02:30, Paul Cummins wrote:

In article , (Tony
Dragon) wrote:

If there was such thing as Road Tax, *everything* that uses the

*Road* would have to pay the *Tax*.

Wrong. Road Tax only applies to motor vehicles. So to claim that
*everything* that uses the *Road* would have to pay the *Tax* is a
non-sequitur, since it fails to apply to animals, pedestrians and
various wheeled contraption powered only by animal or human energy.

So everybody with an income pays 'income tax'?

No, you only pay Income tax if you have an income. People without incomes
don't pay Income Tax.

Oddly, you may think, I know someone who has an income (in fact, more
than one incom)e, yet does not pay income tax. Alltheirr income is
declared to HMRC.

You would have stood a better chance of being right if you had added a
conditional clause (after the string "if you have an income") along the
lines: "...and that income is more than a certain amount provided for in
schedules enacted year by year by Parliament".

Strangely enough I walked along the road earlier. I drove along the road
yesterday. I didn't have to pay Road Tax to use the roads on either
occasion,

You cannot pay Road Tax on a per-use basis, so what you say there is
undoubtedly true.

because THERE IS NO SUCH THUING AS ROAD TAX.

Correction: "Other than Road Tax, there is no such thing as Road Tax".
Old May 18th 17, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Thu, 18 May 2017 10:55:18 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 18/05/2017 10:29, Bod wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2017 10:17:00 +0100, Paul Cummins
wrote:

In article , (James
Wilkinson Sword) wrote:

Cyclists sponge of motorists as they pay no road tax and no fuel
duty.

That's because, as you have been told again and again, there is no such
thing as Road Tax.

It's called road tax, just like a vacuum cleaner is called a hoover. I
don't ce if the government allocates it somewhere else like nuclear
weapons, it's still road tax.

If there was such thing as Road Tax, *everything* that uses the *Road*
would have to pay the *Tax*.

and I say this a a car driver.

Everything does, according to the wear it causes. Cars pay some,
lorries pay a lot.

And many cars pay no car tax at all.

AAMOF, no cars pay road tax.

Have you become a cyclist or contracted OCD? It's road tax, everybody calls it that. It's a tax vehicles pay to use the road.

--
How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak!

London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 12:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM