Discount Motel Rates For Bicyclist

Old July 2nd 03, 03:48 AM
Jerry Schonewille

Default Discount Motel Rates For Bicyclist

Last year I was on a weekend club ride that had us spending the night
at a motel in Patterson, CA. I was among the first to check in (having
previously made reservations on the internet) and the young lady behind
the counter asked me if I knew about their "bicycle discount". I did
not know, but the discount was substantial - more than your typical AAA
or AARP discount. I had not encountered a bicycle discount before, nor
have I encountered one since.

Yet a bicycle discount makes so much sense. We arrive late and leave
early. We do not use up the parking lot. We'll eat locally, within
walking distance, at the motel if they have facilities. We're quite,
in bed by 9:00 PM, 10:00 PM tops. We prefer rooms on the ground floor.

Down side? We'll use the pool and hot tub (but hey, its there anyway
so what's the difference?). We take advantage of the "free continental
breakfast" at 6:00 AM.

I only ask this because while I camp 90% of the time I do motel it
occasionally and I get survey questionnaires from the places I stay.
Please help me with other ideas about why bicyclist should receive a
special discount at motels.

--
Best regards,
Jerry Schonewille