Do bicycles and cars mix?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 14th 03, 03:55 PM
George Conklin

Default Do bicycles and cars mix? (Sierra Club and Sprawl)

"Brent P" wrote in message
In article , DTJ wrote:

There are few Chicago cops who would do anything, even though the
aforementioned asshole liberal has outlawed all self protection
devices in Chicago.

At best, the citizen will lose his firearm. I still remember a story
that was eclipsed by a school shooting elsewhere in the country. It
was of a 78 year old man who could barely walk. Some thug broke into
his home intent on theft and harming him. He pulled out what the news
reported as an antique revolver, my guess is that ment from the first
half of the 20th century. Anyway, he killed the intruder. Charges
were not likely to be pressed according to the report. But he did
lose his gun and was booked if I remember right.

In NC is is very clear that if you are in your house and defending
yourself, nothing is going to happen to you. However, one man shot a thief
in the back while he was running away from his house in Durham a few years
ago. A teacher had told the student he was going to get shot if he kept up
his breaking and entering just the day before. The shooter went on trial,
but the jury hung and they did not retry the homeowner. It was bad form to
shoot someone in the back. I understand that if he had been shot coming
towards you and you thought that you were in danger, that would have been
another story.

In this part of the world, you need to assume every house has a gun + a
pistol or both or many of the both.