Fluid trainers available in Aus

Old October 12th 04, 02:46 AM
Brad Hubbard

Default Fluid trainers available in Aus

My search continues for the ultimate indoor trainer.

Ideally I would like an electronic rim-drive trainer but I'm not sure the
wallet can handle it so it looks like fluid or mag.

Does anyone know of any sites reviewing fluid trainers available in
Australia?

Cheers,
Brad
Old October 12th 04, 01:41 PM
Geoff

"Brad Hubbard" wrote in message
My search continues for the ultimate indoor trainer.

Ideally I would like an electronic rim-drive trainer but I'm not sure the
wallet can handle it so it looks like fluid or mag.

Does anyone know of any sites reviewing fluid trainers available in
Australia?

Cheers,
Brad

Brad,

If the wallet can handle it I can highly recommend the Tacx Cycleforce Swing
most LBS should be able order it in if they don't have it in stock. See if
you can try before you buy, using your own bike if possible.

Cecil Walker in Melbourne have them for $429.00
http://www.cecilwalker.com.au/category226_1.htm

Follow the link to cycletrainers on this page to get more info/specs
http://www.tacx.nl/html/index.php?pageid=104

As for other trainers probably the easiest thing to do is once you find a
brand/type of trainer that you would like to see in the flesh, find out who
the Aus distributor is. Give the Sales Rep a call and ask them who in your
area is likely to have stock. From past experience with other items this
has worked for me.

hope this helps
Geoff

Old October 13th 04, 12:01 AM