Mikey is Speaking

Old May 2nd 05, 08:18 PM
doublenatural

Default Mikey is Speaking

A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

Old May 2nd 05, 08:37 PM
di

"doublenatural" wrote in message
om...
A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

Who would want to hear him firsthand? Also, who invites him to speak?
Geez, a waste of time.

Old May 2nd 05, 09:05 PM
MattB

doublenatural wrote:
A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

I find it amusing that even his topic's title looks like yelling.
Great way to turn people off IMO.

Matt (unfortunately can't make it - I'll be mountain biking)
Old May 2nd 05, 09:15 PM
Bill Sornson

doublenatural wrote:
A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

Well THAT's five minutes of life I'll never get back.

Bill "can picture Mikey now, down in the sub-basement talkng to five folding
chairs and two rats" S.

Old May 3rd 05, 04:47 AM
doublenatural

There have been many people who have asked Mikey to post his speaking
schedule so they can attend and gauge, first hand the response from his
"peers" at hearing the same tired paper he has been flogging for the past 8
years. Also, he has previously claimed to have presented papers when
eyewitness account describe him as placing brochures on tables. He wasn't
invited. The ASLE had a call for papers which he submitted and ASLE appears
to have approved for a 15 minute presentation. Provided he pays his ASLE
dues.

Old May 4th 05, 08:20 PM
The Gist

doublenatural wrote:

A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

"present a paper" !?!? hardly. whatever this event is it looks to have
all the academic respectability of a carnival sideshow. No real academic
would show his face at such a thing. This just further exposes this guy
as the kook that he is.

Old May 4th 05, 09:28 PM
BarryNL

doublenatural wrote:
There have been many people who have asked Mikey to post his speaking
schedule so they can attend and gauge, first hand the response from his
"peers" at hearing the same tired paper he has been flogging for the past 8
years. Also, he has previously claimed to have presented papers when
eyewitness account describe him as placing brochures on tables. He wasn't
invited. The ASLE had a call for papers which he submitted and ASLE appears
to have approved for a 15 minute presentation. Provided he pays his ASLE
dues.

I bet Noam Chomsky doesn't have to pay if he wants to speak at a conference.
Old May 5th 05, 05:12 AM
Westie

doublenatural wrote:
A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

It might be interesting. I see the guy on before him is presenting
something called “Connoisseur of Asphalt”. I'd hazard a guess that he's
not advocating that we stop building roads from the natural
environment....LOL! I can see Mikey throwing him a dark look already....
--
Westie
Old May 6th 05, 08:19 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"doublenatural" wrote in message
om...
A rare opportunity to hear firsthand Mikey present a paper instead of
hearing about it afterword. Check out:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~smcfarl...Conference.pdf
This is scheduled for June 24th in Eugene, Oregon.

Why don't we all go and ask him questions like "Is it true that you post
inflammatory remarks on online forums to anger their members? Is it also
true that many members of newsgroups similar in interest to your cause also
reject your comments as 'complete bull****?' Yes, Mikey, that's a quote."

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old May 7th 05, 12:41 AM
BB

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:19:07 GMT, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

Why don't we all go and ask him questions like "Is it true that you post
inflammatory remarks on online forums to anger their members? Is it also
true that many members of newsgroups similar in interest to your cause also
reject your comments as 'complete bull****?' Yes, Mikey, that's a quote."

I would, but its a 2-hour drive. He's not worth that much effort.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address