Coker Discussion Thread

Old December 27th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default Coker Discussion Thread

Ducttape wrote:
YAY!!! I have about a minutes worth of video testing my new helmet cam
on my coker I still haven't quite figured out how to mount it with the
least amount of wiggling so the helmet cam shots are really wiggly but
the camera is an ATC 2K from Oregon Scientific, and for anly about $100
it's a pretty good camera I can mount it on my helmet, my arm, my
unicycle practically anywhere and it records to an SD card.... pretty
nice waterproof up to 10 feet..... I'll have my video up soon as well
(there's snow in mine!!!)

Aha! That's awesome stuff I'm glad to hear that it's working for
you... I have just been given one for Christmas by my parents

The instructions say it's not shock-resistant though, so I'm thinking I
won't put it on the frame / handlebar of my coker mostly - I don't want
it to shake to bits.

I'm not really sure how seriously waterproof it is. It sounds like
it'll cope well with spray / rain / occasional drops in a puddle. But
the depths quoted on these things are often for "ideal" conditions and
you can't always get away with such a depth in "real life"... I'd love
to be able to use it to shoot footage under water but I'm not convinced
it'll stand up to that!

Please post vids of what you get out of this thing! I'll see if I can
get some footage out of my camera too - should be awesome.

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 27th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

mark williamson wrote:
Aha! That's awesome stuff I'm glad to hear that it's working for
you... I have just been given one for Christmas by my parents

The instructions say it's not shock-resistant though, so I'm thinking I
won't put it on the frame / handlebar of my coker mostly - I don't want
it to shake to bits.

I'm not really sure how seriously waterproof it is. It sounds like
it'll cope well with spray / rain / occasional drops in a puddle. But
the depths quoted on these things are often for "ideal" conditions and
you can't always get away with such a depth in "real life"... I'd love
to be able to use it to shoot footage under water but I'm not convinced
it'll stand up to that!

Please post vids of what you get out of this thing! I'll see if I can
get some footage out of my camera too - should be awesome.

that silicon gel stuff can be smeared on the double O-ring and the
camera is then ready to be used in a swimming pool do a search on
youtube and you'll see it gets pretty good shots underwater. I'm not
worried about it shaking to bits when it's mounted on the unicycle I'm
worried about the ground tearing it to bits on a UPD.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(http://www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle/products)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 27th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Ducttape wrote:
that silicon gel stuff can be smeared on the double O-ring and the
camera is then ready to be used in a swimming pool do a search on
youtube and you'll see it gets pretty good shots underwater.

Ah really? That's good to know, thanks! Did your silicon grease come
in a tiny container with "Do not eat silicon gel" stamped on it? That
made me laugh a lot Seems like a good rule to live by, though.

I'm not worried about it shaking to bits when it's mounted on the
unicycle I'm worried about the ground tearing it to bits on a UPD.

That's sort-of what I meant... I think I can probably find somewhere
on the seatpost / T7 where the camera won't hit the ground directly (on
level ground, anyhow). But even if it doesn't hit the ground directly
it's going to getting shaken up mightily when the uni hits the
ground... That kind of shock is a bit of a worry, since I expect that
eventually that's going to break the camera - the question is how much
it can take.

I think I'll keep it mostly on the helmet mount and only put it on the
uni when I need to, if at all.

Old December 27th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

mark williamson wrote:
Ah really? That's good to know, thanks! Did your silicon grease come
in a tiny container with "Do not eat silicon gel" stamped on it? That
made me laugh a lot Seems like a good rule to live by, though.

That's sort-of what I meant... I think I can probably find somewhere
on the seatpost / T7 where the camera won't hit the ground directly (on
level ground, anyhow). But even if it doesn't hit the ground directly
it's going to getting shaken up mightily when the uni hits the
ground... That kind of shock is a bit of a worry, since I expect that
eventually that's going to break the camera - the question is how much
it can take.

I think I'll keep it mostly on the helmet mount and only put it on the
uni when I need to, if at all.

yeah my gel came in a container that said that it made me laugh to. I
don't think I'll ever mount the camera on the T7 either, I think I'll
stick to mounting it on my body mainly my arm or my helmet