Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

Old August 18th 05, 02:54 PM
JJuggle

Default Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

From a Sunday, August 14 CNN broadcast. KNAZ-TV appears to be out of
Flagstaff, Arizona, USA:

Well, if the spiraling price of gas has you considering getting back on
your bike for basic transportation, you can't get any more basic than
the unicycle, but as Nicole Masinsick (ph) reports from our affiliate,
KNAZ-TV, one unicyclist prefers the road less traveled.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Some might say Ky Tierney is reinventing the wheel.
He's been mountain unicycling for a year and a half and goes anywhere he
can.

KY TIERNEY, UNICYCLIST: It took a lot of practice and a lot of falls.
That's why I wear protection for sure.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He's not training for the circus, but with this
balancing act is sidekick, Zoe who's always by his side.

TIERNEY: It's out of this world. There's nothing -- nothing I've done on
this, since I've been alive that's come close how exciting this is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Of course, he gets a good workout.

TIERNEY: It's just a blast, man. Every time I get on the unicycle I have
a smile.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This is about so much more than exercise.

TIERNEY: I just spend intense quality time with god out here, just
dealing about my thoughts, deal praying for my friends.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Ky's not close to giving up and he's rarely has
days where he has to push himself to get out and ride.

TIERNEY: No, not even close. I love it way too much. It's the funniest
thing I've ever done.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Nicole Masinsick,

TIERNEY: Come on Zoe.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Twelve News.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

NGUYEN: Boy, that is some exercise. You can hear him. Hear his breath
trying to get through it all. But, he enjoys it, looks like fun, just
maybe not what I would do for a workout?

HARRIS: Exactly.

NGUYEN: All right, we want to thank you for joining us. We'll see you
back here next Saturday morning beginning at 7:00 Eastern.

--
JJuggle - Meet the new boss...

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

I hate run on sentences, pizza tastes good.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24