Polar Precision Software - Data Editing

Old July 23rd 03, 06:33 AM
Kendall

Default Polar Precision Software - Data Editing

Is there an easy way to edit Polar Data downloaded from your HRM using Polar
Precision Software. I'm using the latest software and its editing is very
cumbersome and funky. What I'd like to do is export the data table into
Word or Excel for editing, then go back and import it into the Polar
Precision Software. I haven't figured out how to import the edited data. I
am using an Xtrainer Plus and the altitude cuts out know and then. Any
guidance or experience would be appreciated.

Kendall

Old July 23rd 03, 07:56 AM
Lou Holtman

Kendall wrote:

Is there an easy way to edit Polar Data downloaded from your HRM using Polar
Precision Software. I'm using the latest software and its editing is very
cumbersome and funky. What I'd like to do is export the data table into
Word or Excel for editing, then go back and import it into the Polar
Precision Software. I haven't figured out how to import the edited data. I
am using an Xtrainer Plus and the altitude cuts out know and then. Any
guidance or experience would be appreciated.

Kendall

You can open de .hrm file in Notepad and look for the -999 (I suppose)
values in the altitude column. Correct these values and save the file
under the same name. Just open the edited .hrm file in the Polar
software. BTW did you tried the use a piece of aluminium foil between
the X-trainer Plus end the altitudesensor (bad design) to avoid altitude
cuts?
--
Lou
Old July 23rd 03, 12:40 PM
Kendall

"Lou Holtman" wrote in message
Kendall wrote:

[...]

Thanks I'll try that. No I didn't use the foil. It is a bad design and it
get worse with age. The sensor uses these expensive batteries too fast too.
Kendall