Greg LeMond - Inventor Extraordinaire

Old August 8th 03, 05:44 PM
never_doped

Default Greg LeMond - Inventor Extraordinaire

Greg and Al Gore invented the internet too, you forgot that.

(and don't forget blood boosting with Eddie)

What is the status of Greg's health? Might he be the next with a
'Thevenet' admission?

Old August 8th 03, 06:41 PM
TC Rider

"never_doped" wrote in message
Greg and Al Gore invented the internet too, you forgot that.

(and don't forget blood boosting with Eddie)

What is the status of Greg's health? Might he be the next with a
'Thevenet' admission?

Why? Everyone knew what was going on with Thevenet (and most of the
Peugeots for that matter), so his coming clean was hardly a surprise. I
haven't heard any substantive rumours about Lemond, and his collapse was
hardly the same sort as Thevenet's...

Trolling?

TC

Old August 8th 03, 07:16 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"never_doped" wrote in message
Greg and Al Gore invented the internet too, you forgot that.

(and don't forget blood boosting with Eddie)

What is the status of Greg's health? Might he be the next with a
'Thevenet' admission?

Dumbass -

believe it or not, there are aspects of bike racing that don't have anything
to do with drugs.

(like the post that you replied to)

Old August 8th 03, 08:43 PM
lazysegall

Kurgan Gringion wrote:
"never_doped" wrote in message news:3f33d80d_1@-
t.au...
Greg and Al Gore invented the internet too, you forgot that.

(and don't forget blood boosting with Eddie)

What is the status of Greg's health? Might he be the next with a
'Thevenet' admission?

Dumbass -
believe it or not, there are aspects of bike racing that don't have
anything to do with drugs.
(like the post that you replied to)

Never_Doped is a troll of the highest caliber. Yes, more of a troll then
the Helmet Trolls. The man is bitter because he is a second rate bike
rider who refused to dope. I applaud him for that. He now spends his
days gathering evidence about doping and posting it here (and other bike
message boards) as he tries to change a sport. When he posts about
doping I am a kind enough man to entertain him and respond. As you say
Kurgan he has now become a Dumbass (maybe your best use of the term
ever) who wants to hijack every thread so that he can convince himself
that he was a great bike rider.

Old August 8th 03, 09:41 PM
B. Lafferty

"Bret Wade" wrote in message
link.net...
Nev Shea wrote:

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
t:

Check this out:

http://www.lemondfitness.com/meetgreg.htm

Greg LeMond - Legacy Of Racing Innovation
1980 Superlight frame
1981 Elevated seat position
1984 Cycling computer, aero bike, aero helmet
1985 Oakley sports shield sunglasses, heart rate monitor
1986 Clipless pedals, carbon frames, Giro helmets
1987 Carbon fork
1989 Floating pedals, aero handlebars
1991 Road racing suspension fork, titanium frame
1992 Electronic shifting, down-loadable bike computer

He forgot to mention Virtual TdF wins. And I wonder if he has rewritten
his book so that it has him telling Cyril Guimard about elevating the
seat instead of the other way around.

NS

Greg was an early adopter of these innovations but not an innovator. I
wonder if it occurred to them to put EPO on this list too. "Nah, let's
not talk about that one".

Bret

It was the iron injection toward the end of the 1989 Giro that got him on
the road to Tour winning form. You believe that, don't you?

Your point is well taken. Lemond did seek out innovations and use them at
a time when it was much frowned upon in a very traditionalist sport. I can
still hear Lou Maltese telling us one hot Sunday morning before a road race
at Old Westbury, to forget about a waterbottle and just put a couple of
pebbles in our mouths to stimulate saliva flow. For years, TdF racers were
significantly dehydrated due to failure to ingest enough fluids. Times
change and Lemond did much to change them in pro cycling--especially
increased salaries.

Old August 8th 03, 10:23 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Lemond was an innovator, I'll agree with that, but the list on that website
is exaggeration of the highest order.

Sort of like the virtual 4 TdF victories. The man seems incapable of resting
on his laurels gracefully.

Old August 8th 03, 11:01 PM
B. Lafferty

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message t...

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
[...]

In the advertising industry it's called "puffing." There is a fine line
where it becomes false advertising. There is a lot of puff on Lemond's site.

As for virtual tour winners, I think Jan should be creditied with 1998.
If Pantani ever comes clean, lets see it Leblanc has the balls to strip
Pantani of his title, a la Garin.

Old August 9th 03, 12:04 AM
Heinz Getzler

Nev Shea wrote in message ink.net...
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
t:

Check this out:

http://www.lemondfitness.com/meetgreg.htm

Greg LeMond - Legacy Of Racing Innovation
1980 Superlight frame

depends on you define superlight. Bernard Hinault used a 753 frame &
Luciene Van Impe used a composite frame.
1981 Elevated seat position

Invented by Cyrille Guimard
1984 Cycling computer, aero bike, aero helmet

First used by Bernard Hinault, invented by Gitane
1985 Oakley sports shield sunglasses, heart rate monitor

First used by Francesco Moser?. Pioneeered by Conconni
1986 Clipless pedals, carbon frames, Giro helmets

Invented by Cinelli, perfected Look pedal suugested by Bernard Hinault
1987 Carbon fork
1989 Floating pedals, aero handlebars
1991 Road racing suspension fork, titanium frame

Titanium Frame before Lemond Teledyne Titan or before Lemond.
1992 Electronic shifting, down-loadable bike computer

First introduced by Mavic ZAP shifting

What strange is why Lemond failed to mention the use Tri bar
extensions. This the only one he first pioneered.

Old August 9th 03, 12:07 AM
benjo maso

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message t...

Lemond was an innovator, I'll agree with that, but the list on that

website
is exaggeration of the highest order.

Sort of like the virtual 4 TdF victories. The man seems incapable of

resting
on his laurels gracefully.

Only four? In an interview with a dutch newspaper he told he considered
himself also as the virtual winner of the Tour's of 1997 and 1998. So that
makes six.

Benjo Maso

Old August 9th 03, 12:40 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
link.net...

In the advertising industry it's called "puffing." There is a fine

line
where it becomes false advertising. There is a lot of puff on Lemond's

site.

I'd say some of those items cross the line, namely:

superlightweight frame
elevated seat position
aero bike
floating pedals
titanium frame

Those are just the ones I'm sure about. Some of the others may be pure
hyperbole also.

With all that's on his list you'd think he was the second coming of Tulio
Campagnolo.

Trek 5000 or Lemond Zurich? Rolokid General 47 July 21st 04 03:31 PM
Are Lemond frames that different? Mark Sinderson General 11 September 17th 03 09:37 PM
LeMond zeno Racing 5 July 29th 03 11:47 AM
LeMond v. Trek Bob M General 14 July 19th 03 06:42 PM