Cycling in Austin

Old August 9th 05, 05:39 PM
Missylini

Default Cycling in Austin

So guys -- how could a girl compete with Sheryl?

Can anyone offer up some clothing manufacturers that offer up a look
that's better than a standard hincapie sports team kit?

Seriously -- who would you suggest for an all girl's team?

Wanna get some ATTENTION!

;-}

Old August 9th 05, 06:40 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...=giro050/FS021

--
E. Dronkert
Old August 9th 05, 09:00 PM
DepartFictif

Louis Garneau have done a lot to support Women's cycling by being
active members of the Women's Clinics in CA, L.Bassette, the Women's
Prestige Series and Women's Summits at Vegas, Nature Valley etc and by
supporting and creating women's specific items/ideas, they also have a
lot of women on staff; LG therefore gets my vote for their efforts and
support of women's cycling.

Otherwise my personal view is that if you want to get noticed come up
with a good design, and get noticed by how you ride and how you present
your sponsors. Cycling is still a male dominated world, singling out
women by having "girly noticeable stuff" doesn't really cut it for me.
Cycling is a sport for people, I see women as people in cycling just
like anyone else out there pedaling and working hard to get where they
want to be in the sport, I've always found that keeping a team (girls',
men's, junior's etc) as professional as possible is the best way to get
noticed. Present well, make sure you have fun, and built a good
relationship with sponsors.

My 2 cents.

Old August 9th 05, 09:05 PM
Missylini

Heeheehee -- wouldn't it be great to see Lance in a suit like that.
Guess he has to do the giro first -- too late my friends!!! =-(

If he wore an all-yellow suit, we could call him The Banana!!! da Dude
still gets a phallic name

Old August 9th 05, 09:16 PM
Jason Spaceman

Missylini wrote:

So guys -- how could a girl compete with Sheryl?

Can anyone offer up some clothing manufacturers that offer up a look
that's better than a standard hincapie sports team kit?

Seriously -- who would you suggest for an all girl's team?

Wanna get some ATTENTION!

;-}

For an all girls team the Lynn Gaggioli look is in style ---
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos.../gaggioli2.jpg

:-)

--
My email address ) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.
Old August 9th 05, 09:48 PM
Andrew F Martin

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/bikesom.../189/1214/5461

I agree - if you can pull these off (with a tan)....damn

Old August 9th 05, 09:51 PM
Stu Fleming

Missylini wrote:

Seriously -- who would you suggest for an all girl's team?

Laura Weislo
Emma Phillips
Elisa Mazzoleni
Niki Gudex