bike shop idiots destroy bitchin bolts!

Old February 3rd 04, 07:05 PM
evilewan

Default bike shop idiots destroy bitchin bolts!

go my wheel re built by the local bike shop,

the seem to havedone a decent job of the wheel,
but what they also did was to strip the treads for my bitchin bolts,(you
know, the ones that keep the profile cranks on)

well they only stripped the threads off one of them , but they ground
about 0.5cm off the other.

it looks like they tried to use them to re-install the cranks.

i asked them if they needed my profile crank tool, and they said they
had one!

idiots!

i just hope they havent ruined my axle.
i'll be in their shop tomorow insisting that they bloody well do
something about it.

before i have to go to germany on th 26th!

can anybody suggest a suitable punishment?

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Old February 3rd 04, 07:08 PM
harper

Make them sit on a Savage saddle and swallow a Wellgo pinned pedal.

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"In the unlikely event of someones unicycling demise, one should say 'It
was an amazing display of unicycling skill and daring, with a rather
unfortunate outcome'. Or something to that effect." - Scott Wallis

"Ugh, the Harpers; The worst neighbours in the world" - Tony Micelli

Old February 3rd 04, 07:17 PM
UNHicyclist

Dismount a coker into their crotches. . .

-Josh

--
UNHicyclist - unicycling changed my life. . .

Random girl: Do you want to have kids someday?

Me: Why, you offering?
UNHicyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5236

Old February 3rd 04, 07:25 PM
evilewan

actualy the worst part is that i realy need my unicycle to be working
before i have to leave the country.

this means that i wont be able to call them all the *******s under the
sun, or shove a pair of brooklyn machine works shinburger pedals up the
mechanics arse.

however i'll be recomending that nobody ever goes there to get their
bike serviced.

and they'd better offer to replace the bolts asap. and promise to learn
how to install profile cranks properly before they even think about
servicing somebody elses profiles.

--
evilewan - death or glory

Old February 3rd 04, 07:38 PM
Sofa

as a new profile owner yet to ride them, and awaiting new cranks, could
you please enlighten me on these bitchin bolts?

Aren't they 'just the crank bolts'?

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.0

[image: http://www.brianmackenzie.com/GarySig.jpg]
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old February 3rd 04, 07:39 PM
forget_your_life

maybe they used metric wrenchs on them.

--
forget_your_life - a.k.a. jagur

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...gsize_002.gif]
dream one dream many....

*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/34tyj)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old February 3rd 04, 07:40 PM
Sofa

evilewan: it appears you have a bad link for your wheelwalking pic in
your sig link

Old February 3rd 04, 07:44 PM
evilewan

yep sofa, the bitchin bolts are just the crank bolts, its justt that
profile have a funky name for them. and yeah i've forgot all about that
bad link

and jagur, yes in adition to their sins they seem to have used the wrong
size allen key too. that cant explain the stripped threads and ground
down bolt though.

i'll get a picture up in a few minutes

--
evilewan - death or glory

Old February 3rd 04, 07:47 PM
evilewan

stupid me, linking to a local file

--
evilewan - death or glory

Old February 3rd 04, 08:26 PM
evilewan

heres a picture of the badly treated bolts,

god only knows why they decided to grind the end offthe one on the left.
maybe they completley destroyed the threads on the end of it, and
decided to fix it by removing the destroyed part.

| Attachment filename: bolts2.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/189208|

evilewan - death or glory