SHaKH NAS

Old July 12th 03, 04:44 PM
chirokid

Default SHaKH NAS

tomblackwood wrote:
*
So is that pronounced "Shockness"? I hope so... Toss a 3" Gazz on it,
and it will be the Shock-ness Monster.
*

I wish I had a "Shock-ness Monster" --chirokid--

--
chirokid
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old July 12th 03, 11:35 PM
tron

I do know that it's a stainless steel frame, and probably weighs in at
slightly more than my Semcycle XL Wide frame... it's not the lightest
you can come by, but not bad, really. The coolness factor easily
outweighs the weight. If that makes any sense whatsoever. It's also
custom... you can't buy this frame. Only win it in a competition. Or,
I guess you could have won it, but you're too late.

--
tron - -= J. Alan Atherton =-

- J. Alan Atherton
Just my 10 bytes.
tron's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/405

Old July 13th 03, 04:43 AM
paco

tron wrote:
*... you can't buy this frame. Only win it in a competition. *

Come one now, it wasn't a competition; it was a game, remember? All I
know is that Steve Howard donated the coolest prize of them all, and I
couldn't have been luckier to be the first one to pick something. And
thanks to Tomblackwood for being the timer on the uphill race. Did you
get that $50 I put into your paypal account for fixing the competition--
er... game? I couldn't have done it without you.

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

There's a time to think and a time to unicycle.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old July 13th 03, 06:19 AM
tomblackwood

paco wrote:
*And thanks to Tomblackwood for being the timer on the uphill race.
Did you get that $50 I put into your paypal account for fixing the
competition-- er... game? *

Sshhhh.....the walls have ears.

--
tomblackwood - Under-prepared Dork (UPD)

My other brake is my face!

Old July 13th 03, 07:09 AM
showard

Paco - It's great to see that MUni finally put together. It's cool that
you built your own wheel too.

Paco won the frame at the "awards" dinner at a chuck wagon type
resturant just outside Moab. The dinner routine was that everyone went
to a small outbuilding to buy tickets for the dinner in the main
building. There was a long line of people waiting to get their tickets
and while my wife and I were standing in line, me holding the stainless
frame, Kris Holm came by after buying his dinner ticket.

He noticed the frame, did a double take and said "What have you got
there?". The first thing I thought was "BUSTED!! Here I am holding a
bootleg KH frame and here's KH himself!". I said "Well ... (long pause)
... this is a stainless steel KH copy I made". He took it and gave it a
good looking over. I said something like "It's a rip-off of your frame.
I would never actually try to sell it - I'm donating it as a prize".
He was super gracious. He's the nicest guy ...

Paco, by chance, was the first winning "gamer" to pick a something from
the prize table. Of all the things that he could have picked he grabbed
the stainless frame to the applause of the whole room!

Steve Howard

--
showard - ------
showard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/452