Mavic Equipe front wheel bearing noise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 10th 13, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Mavic Equipe front wheel bearing noise

I have these Mavic Equipe 2009 wheels, very solid wheels lots of miles. They are making a buzzing sound after hitting a bump over 20 mph. The buzzing goes on until
I slow down. I did find play (in the bearing) with the wheel installed. I tightened the bearing, but the issue came back. I had a local bike shop replace the bearings and the vibrating bearing are back again with the new bearings. The headset is tight, no play and brakes are normal.
Anybody have any ideas?