Cities Turning to Bicycles

Old September 18th 04, 02:39 PM
Fx199

Subject: Cities Turning to Bicycles
From: "Mark Jones"
Date: 9/17/2004 8:26 PM US Eastern Standard Time

"Fx199" wrote in message
The gym is still great for cross training with doing some weight lifting
though.

I have my own weight bench and weights to get this type of exercise.

It's still a gym..

Old September 18th 04, 10:05 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

That's just the point, cars are great to have when you want to use them.

I've made a concious decision to use my car less than I "want to". It gets me
fitter, lowers my fuel bill but it does take me more time. However, it does go
a tiny way to reducing my carbon emmissions, (along with other stuff such as
recycling more, low-energy light bulbs) so in that sense, I have, for a small
part put the needs of others above my personal wants.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 19th 04, 02:46 AM
Raoul Duke

"Fx199" wrote in message

Maybe if we were all less judgemental we'd all get along better. Remember

the
best revenge is "living well", I see unfortunate assumptions that are

divisive
in many of your posts.
However, ride on and be well Chalo.

Ask him what he thinks about Pat Tillman.

Dave

Old September 19th 04, 02:49 PM
Fx199

Personally waiting for the delivery vehicle was my only choice. I
couldn't afford to buy a flatbed truck and forklift for one load. If I
could afford it, unlike you, I doubt I would buy these things to move
one load. that just seems like a stupid waste of money.

Jack Dingler

Why do you call him stupid, and why do you assume he would only need one load a
year because you do?
Old September 19th 04, 02:51 PM
Fx199

I put it on top of a Plymouth Horizon with a Thule rack.
Cars with rain gutters can be handy. I can carry 16' boards
without having to red flag them. Try putting those in the
back of a pickup.

Mitch.

I admire your adaptability, but I move 16 foot boards all the time in my
truckbed, I weigh the front ends down with sandbags and tie a red flag on the
end.
Old September 19th 04, 02:54 PM
Fx199

It has a tiny payload area for three ton capacity. What do you haul with
it? Uranium?

It has a ten foot bed....
It's main purpose is to pull large trailers.
Freightliner already has a RV towing Medium duty truck very similar, others
have made their own.

Is this what I was supposed to by to carry my one time purchase of three
tons of stone?

No, they didn't buid it for a person to carry a "one time purchase", you know
better than that I hope, otherwise you're just being obtuse.

Heck it's not big enough for all the pallets! Where would
I put the forklift?

Umm, It could pull your whole house probably...let alone any size trailer you
come up with..

Jack Dingler