Skateboarding

Old July 14th 12, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Skateboarding

I've decided to use a skateboard as a form of transport.

After all, it seems that childrens toys are acceptable forms of transport?

We all know the benefits of skateboarding - which include:

•Improves general health, helps to lower both blood pressure and
improves heart health, as well as improving mental health and well being.
•Helps with weight and stress management.
•Improves fitness.
•In congested areas skateboarders breathe in less fumes than drivers.
•Saves you money.
•Produces no pollution so good for the environment and tackling
climate change.
•Often quicker to get around in towns and cities.
•Fewer cars on the road and more skateboarders means safer roads.
•Have fewer days being ill each year.

Of course I won't be listening to all that nonsense from RoSPA about
helmets, elbow & knee pads - they aren't skateboarders, what would they
know?

I shall be writing to my local council though. I'm going to need
special skateboarding lanes installed - someone else can pay for them.
Can't be doing with rough surfaces as skateboards only have tiny wheels.

I'm also going to write to Cameron to get the law changed. If I'm hit
by a larger more dangerous vehicle - like a push bike - I want them
blamed automatically. I'll also ask him for a skateboard purchase
subsidy at taxpayers expense so I can get a big discount on a new
skateboard.

It will be great - I can jump lights, speed, skateboard on pavements etc
because the laws don't apply to me. If any pedestrians get in the way I
will just shout abuse at them.

University

Old July 14th 12, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:58:13 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

[...]

Do you expect to have to have a licence - or third-party insurance?

Old July 14th 12, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

[...]

Not at all. Since a skateboard is much smaller than a push bike it will
be covered by the extended warranty on my toaster.

University

Old July 14th 12, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

wrote:

[...]

Don't you ever get bored of coming on here and spouting the same old
nonsense again and again and again and again and again and again and
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and
[...]

No-one's biting because your trolling simply isn't clever or original
enough. I don't know why you devote so much time and effort to it, but
the fact that you're still so bad at it after so much practice should
tell you something. There must be 100 drainage problems within a
square mile that you could attend to. Stick to what you're good at
(well, relatively).
Old July 14th 12, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

wrote:

[...]

What do you mean, no-one's biting? You did, didn't you?

Old July 14th 12, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

You bit. And it's ****ing brilliant thank you.

Lets have a vote on how ****ing funny it was shall we?

There must be 100 drainage problems within a
square mile that you could attend to. Stick to what you're good at
(well, relatively).

Why would I attend to drainage problems? You appear to be confusing me
with Dyno Rod.

University

Old July 14th 12, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

wrote:

[...]

I think he's quite good at taking the **** out of you, well at least I
find it amusing.
Old July 15th 12, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Jul 14, 11:58*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
[...]

I know of one individual aged about thirty who commutes on his
skateboard, about two miles however it's all level seafront, away from
the road and he is Australian therefore a bit strange (I have not
enquired if he has extended toaster fully comprehensive insurance,
probably not).
Old July 15th 12, 02:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 05:29:51 -0700, M Wicks wrote:

wrote:

I've decided to use a skateboard as a form of transport.

After all, it seems that childrens toys are acceptable forms of
transport?

We all know the benefits of skateboarding - which include:

Â* •Improves general health, helps to lower both blood pressure and
improves heart health, as well as improving mental health and well
being.
Â* •Helps with weight and stress management.
Â* •Improves fitness.
Â* •In congested areas skateboarders breathe in less fumes than
Â* drivers.
Â* •Saves you money.
Â* •Produces no pollution so good for the environment and tackling
climate change.
Â* •Often quicker to get around in towns and cities.
Â* •Fewer cars on the road and more skateboarders means safer roads.
Â* •Have fewer days being ill each year.

Of course I won't be listening to all that nonsense from RoSPA about
helmets, elbow & knee pads - they aren't skateboarders, what would
they know?

I shall be writing to my local council though. Â*I'm going to need
special skateboarding lanes installed - someone else can pay for
them. Can't be doing with rough surfaces as skateboards only have
tiny wheels.

I'm also going to write to Cameron to get the law changed. Â*If I'm
hit by a larger more dangerous vehicle - like a push bike - I want
them blamed automatically. Â*I'll also ask him for a skateboard
purchase subsidy at taxpayers expense so I can get a big discount on
a new skateboard.

It will be great - I can jump lights, speed, skateboard on pavements
etc because the laws don't apply to me. Â*If any pedestrians get in
the way I will just shout abuse at them.

Do you expect to have to have a licence - or third-party insurance?

Not at all. Â*Since a skateboard is much smaller than a push bike it
[...]

I bite. Earning me a position in his killfile.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old July 15th 12, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/07/2012 00:13, NM wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

[...]

Whatever happened to those little chrome scooters?

The last time I worked in Central London (c. 2000), they seemed to be gaining
in popularity. People would get off a bus or come out of a Tube station,
assemble their tiny scooter and then set off (down the footway, of course,
which may be OK with a method which requires a foot on the ground anyway).

They've all disappeared now. Probably stored away with all the CB radios,
Rubik cubes and leg warmers.