Chinese bicycle news

Old February 26th 13, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Chinese bicycle news

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/2...eaks-and-gyah/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 26th 13, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 02/26/2013 12:24 PM, AMuzi wrote:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/2...eaks-and-gyah/

I'm gonna go check my seatposts for cracks right now...!

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old February 26th 13, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

SOMEWHAT HARD TO SWALLOW
Old March 1st 13, 07:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:24:34 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/2...eaks-and-gyah/

--

Andrew Muzi

www.yellowjersey.org/

Open every day since 1 April, 1971

A few years ago I found a cyclist waiting by my bike outside the library. He'd come by plane from Edinburg and outside the airport, almost 20km away, his seatpost broke and he was cut up and bruised. Instead of riding downhill into the city to find medical attention and a new seat post, and perhaps under a misapprehension about how big exactly the "Gateway to West Cork", Bandon, is, cycled forward on his planned route. I took him home with me and offered to have a GP make a house call to attend to him. It turned out he was a physician himself, and like most of his kind, had no intention of letting the other quacks make him worse. I found him a replacement (carbon!) seatpost in the city and a bed for the night, and the next he rode to the city to pick up his seat post, and then a 160 miles on very busy roads to Dublin... Of course, he was nowhere near as badly hurt as the Chinese cyclist, but one wonders that he didn't learn a sharp (sorry!) less about carbon seat posts, carbon anything in fact.

Andre Jute
Old March 1st 13, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 01/03/13 18:05, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:24:34 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/2...eaks-and-gyah/

A few years ago I found a cyclist waiting by my bike outside the
library. He'd come by plane from Edinburg and outside the airport,
almost 20km away, his seatpost broke and he was cut up and bruised.

snip

After a quick perusal of the site Andrew posted the link to, I found this...

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/01/2...sale-in-japan/

that I found more interesting and less "Ouch".

--
JS
Old March 1st 13, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

hmmm I doahn follow the action...

when my seatposts broke at the saddle, I fell backwards onto the rack. Not violently just a whoops.

Haven't developed an understanding of Cancellera's new P-R bike seatpost geometry but maybe the action is similar.

Soooooo how does one get a sitpost stuck up his anus ?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w=1152&bih=610

Chinese 5-ring multi drive bicycle (video link) [email protected] Techniques 0 August 4th 08 04:51 PM
BICYCLE DEATH NEWS 3 datakoll Techniques 1 April 22nd 08 03:37 AM
BICYCLE DEATH NEWS datakoll Techniques 4 April 15th 08 01:30 PM
Chinese Monocycles -- good news Jack Halpern Unicycling 5 July 17th 04 10:31 PM
Chinese recumbent bicycle truck pic Mike Maas Recumbent Biking 7 November 2nd 03 05:07 PM