Ed Dolan Protests

Old September 10th 05, 11:01 AM

Default Ed Dolan Protests

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:11:18 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
Don't make me laugh! Ed Dolan's favorite topic is Ed Dolan. Do you realize
the hypocracy of starting a thread about yourself whose supposed subject
is that you don't want a thread about yourself?

I do not start threads about myself. Others do that. I am protesting this.

This thread makes a liar out of you. So now we can call you a liar and
not be calling you names, merely stating a fact.

I will leave this group when it stops talking about me. Do you think that
day will ever arrive?

About a soon as you can stop talking about yourself (that should be
sometims about the twelfth of never as best I can judge). But hey, if
you hold your breath, it might happen then.

jim

Old September 10th 05, 06:22 PM
Edward Dolan

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey guys -

More TROLL-related errata, wrongheaded rationalizations
and rabid rambling:

Just post your message on a subject without any name...

I rarely call the TROLL by name.
Ironic'ly my stated aim
Was to extinguish that strange thrill
He seems to get when someone will.
The TROLL, who thinks he's pretty slick,
Has stooped to old Brer Rabbit's trick.
But I suspect that there's a catch;
Did he say, "Not the briar patch!"?

I am not interested in any kind of discussion about me. What I throw out
always is a subject which others can take or leave.

I do not like words run together... Using separate
words is always a superior way of writing whether
technically correct or not.

Car rot is rust and crumbling plastic,
And though the TROLL may wax bombastic
With weasel words more trite than cute,
It's not a crunchy orange root.

If we wanted to, Tom Sherman and I could completely
dominate this newsgroup and in effect destroy it.

The TROLL (who never will retire)
Now threatens he could set a fire,
While stomping through this blackened site
That he burned down with smug delight.

At least old Nero played a tune,
But all we got from this buffoon
Was repetitious, raunchy rants
On women, New York Jews and France.

If this TROLL wants his threat to scare,
He really ought to be awa
It's hard to frighten anyone
About what you've already done.

You need to compare my posts over the years with those of a true troll. A
true troll will NEVER be responsive whereas I am ALWAYS responsive. Big
difference!

Women have very many virtues, but... I like purple...
Look for hidden meanings and mysterious allusions.

That meaning isn't hidden well;
I think it's clear as any bell.
Old TROLLs that don't like girls, but do
Feel drawn to mingled red and blue,
Roll out their bikes for big parades,
Collecting funds to combat AIDS[1].

Women are not worth discussing on this newsgroup since there aren't any
here.

[1] Please note: AIDS is an acronym,
But 'PC' isn't. On a whim,
Another prim pedantic putz
Mislabeled that term (Such a klutz!)

I will always defer to Tom Sherman when it come to peccadilloes. However,
you are right there along side him. I am in the business of thinking big
thoughts. The both of you are in the business of thinking little thoughts.
Big difference!

... we do not allow our egos to run amuck...

By that last word the TROLL might mean
'Amok' (a variant I've seen),
Or maybe meaning 'through the muck',
A quite specific kind of yuck,
"Soft moist farmyard manure" in fact
Says one website, to be exact.
"Mysterious allusions" seem
To echo his primary theme...

I spent 4 years in the US Navy... I think it is almost
impossible for the highly educated like myself to ever
communicate with the high school crowd who thought that
college was only for snobs.

That high school crowd and college snobs,
And those of us who've worked at jobs
Are very different, it's true,
From learned TROLLS, who learned to do

Without the joys and thrills of sex
At sea, except on lower decks
With coxswains, seamen and the like.
I think I'd rather ride my trike.

Those who work hard also play hard. Their idea of play is to get drunk, get
in a fight and get screwed - not necessarily in that order. You are welcome
to that crew of morons.

My post was all about Tom Sherman and is
directed to him, not to you. [Who? Us?]

If some TROLL wants to talk to Tom,
His Bosun's Mate or either's mom,
Why not use email, sparing us
The rantings of a grizzled cuss
Who can't remember what he typed
Last Tuesday, or if he has wiped
Upon completion of a post
Which leaves us ARBR readers grossed?

Although directed to Tom Sherman, there was enough fodder there to interest
any others who have the necessary brains to pick up on it. I steer clear of
banter on Usenet except on the rarest of occasions.

Think of me as you would think of Shakespeare
and you will began [sic] to glean my profundity.

Was that a mistype of "be Gin"?
"Mysterious allusion"? [GRIN]
This TROLL's pro-fun-dity's been gleaned;
No fun was found as it was screened,
But this conclusion has been drawn:
Begin, began, begun - begone!

Excellent last stanza!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old September 10th 05, 09:40 PM
Slugger

In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey guys -

More TROLL-related errata, wrongheaded rationalizations
and rabid rambling:

Just post your message on a subject without any name...

I rarely call the TROLL by name.
Ironic'ly my stated aim
Was to extinguish that strange thrill
He seems to get when someone will.
The TROLL, who thinks he's pretty slick,
Has stooped to old Brer Rabbit's trick.
But I suspect that there's a catch;
Did he say, "Not the briar patch!"?

I am not interested in any kind of discussion about me. What I throw out
always is a subject which others can take or leave.

Thats Laughable.

[...]

You are a true troll and you do respond to almost any post as long as
it will keep you here longer.

Women have very many virtues, but... I like purple...
Look for hidden meanings and mysterious allusions.

That meaning isn't hidden well;
I think it's clear as any bell.
Old TROLLs that don't like girls, but do
Feel drawn to mingled red and blue,
Roll out their bikes for big parades,
Collecting funds to combat AIDS[1].

Women are not worth discussing on this newsgroup since there aren't any
here.

If that is the case then why do you persist on making stupid, ignorant
comments about women?

[1] Please note: AIDS is an acronym,
But 'PC' isn't. On a whim,
Another prim pedantic putz
Mislabeled that term (Such a klutz!)

I will always defer to Tom Sherman when it come to peccadilloes. However,
you are right there along side him. I am in the business of thinking big
thoughts. The both of you are in the business of thinking little thoughts.
Big difference!

I've always thought of you as provincial.

... we do not allow our egos to run amuck...

By that last word the TROLL might mean
'Amok' (a variant I've seen),
Or maybe meaning 'through the muck',
A quite specific kind of yuck,
"Soft moist farmyard manure" in fact
Says one website, to be exact.
"Mysterious allusions" seem
To echo his primary theme...

I spent 4 years in the US Navy... I think it is almost
impossible for the highly educated like myself to ever
communicate with the high school crowd who thought that
college was only for snobs.

That high school crowd and college snobs,
And those of us who've worked at jobs
Are very different, it's true,
From learned TROLLS, who learned to do

Without the joys and thrills of sex
At sea, except on lower decks
With coxswains, seamen and the like.
I think I'd rather ride my trike.

Those who work hard also play hard. Their idea of play is to get drunk, get
in a fight and get screwed - not necessarily in that order. You are welcome
to that crew of morons.

Well you got the first two down pat.

My post was all about Tom Sherman and is
directed to him, not to you. [Who? Us?]

If some TROLL wants to talk to Tom,
His Bosun's Mate or either's mom,
Why not use email, sparing us
The rantings of a grizzled cuss
Who can't remember what he typed
Last Tuesday, or if he has wiped
Upon completion of a post
Which leaves us ARBR readers grossed?

Although directed to Tom Sherman, there was enough fodder there to interest
any others who have the necessary brains to pick up on it. I steer clear of
banter on Usenet except on the rarest of occasions.

This is Ed Dolan trying to make a funny.

Think of me as you would think of Shakespeare
and you will began [sic] to glean my profundity.

Was that a mistype of "be Gin"?
"Mysterious allusion"? [GRIN]
This TROLL's pro-fun-dity's been gleaned;
No fun was found as it was screened,
But this conclusion has been drawn:
Begin, began, begun - begone!

Excellent last stanza!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Still here I see.
Old September 11th 05, 07:53 AM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

[...]
Women are not worth discussing on this newsgroup since there aren't any
here.

If that is the case then why do you persist on making stupid, ignorant
comments about women?

I could go on a great length about women and their many deficiencies, but I
only mention them in passing when the occasion presents itself.

The only men who are fit to comment on women are Catholic priests and Great
Saints like myself. Anyone who is personally involved with women on an
intimate basis is automatically disqualified from ever saying anything
intelligent about them. They have been corrupted and compromised beyond
repair. That is what comes of too close association with women.

Maybe Slugger could tell us what he thinks of women so we could all have a
good laugh.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 12th 05, 09:30 AM

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:53:30 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

I could go on a great length about women and their many deficiencies, but I
only mention them in passing when the occasion presents itself.

Which is everytime you are feeling insecure.

The only men who are fit to comment on women are Catholic priests and Great
Saints like myself. Anyone who is personally involved with women on an
intimate basis is automatically disqualified from ever saying anything
intelligent about them.

Is that code for no woman would ever want to have anything to do with
you? Seems like it. Can't blame them either.

jim