Safety inflation: The next level

Old June 29th 15, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Safety inflation: The next level

We're now subject to "safety inflation," where we're told to buy product
after product to keep us ever safer. There's no such thing as safe enough!

For example: What if you're cycling along at night, outfitted with full
reflectors plus a taillight, but some motorist doesn't recognize that
the pedaling motion he sees up ahead is due to someone pedaling a bicycle?

What you need is something that will project an icon of a bicycle on
your back! And if you should be preparing to stop, it should project a
stop sign. Turning right? I should project a right turn signal.

All the tech workers in Silicon Valley know this, which is why all the
intelligent ones have these icon projectors fitted to stalks attached to
their seatposts:

http://www.onislam.net/english/healt...ing-safer.html

I'm not saying these should be mandatory. But if you've got a helmet, a
flashing strobe light front and rear plus a horizontal flag sticking out
from your bike, you're just not safe enough. It's your own fault if you
get hit because you don't have a nighttime icon projector.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 29th 15, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

what's the actress do ? stick up pubs ?
Old June 29th 15, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 23:02:28 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

[...]

I've noticed that when driving at night and you come upon an emergency
vehicle, say a road repair, or telephone pole and there is a truck
there with a emergency light bar - yellowy flashing lights on a, maybe
18 - 24 inch bar across the width of the truck - that people seem to
slow down immediately.

Another thing that seems to be noticed if those "road flares". they
had a nail on one end and you stabbed them into the pavement and than
ignited them.

A vehicle burning on the edge of the road also attracts a lot of
notice. I've seen cars stopped for a hundred yards in both direction.
{people even get out of their cars and walk, imagine that "Walk", to
get a closer view.

But I suppose that the weak point is that these things are "old Hat"
and you will never get a mention of the Internet if you "discover" one
of these.

But you know, a few rags and a broomstick and a can of kerosene and a
cigarette lighter could probably get one a lot of space on the highway
:-)

(on the other hand, in the U.S. it might get one arrested for
contaminating the atmosphere :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 29th 15, 01:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_6_]

On 29/06/2015 1:02 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

I don't need a device to project images on my back but I did find a nice
recipe for oatmeal cake on that website.
Old June 29th 15, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

TRY A LONG TRIP TO ANTARTICA
Old June 29th 15, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

islam.net

Joining the religion of licensed bully-boys, eh, Franki-boy? You'll feel right at home

Andre Jute

OT Inflation Tom Crispin UK 77 August 16th 08 01:17 PM
OT Inflation A.C.P.Crawshaw UK 0 August 15th 08 01:37 PM
OT Inflation Danny Colyer UK 0 August 12th 08 06:35 PM
OT Inflation spindrift UK 0 August 12th 08 03:40 PM
cycling - level of "safety" gds General 80 December 20th 05 12:35 AM