Are SUVs "evil" and bikes "good"?

Old June 26th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default Are SUVs "evil" and bikes "good"?

On Jun 25, 9:30*pm, wrote:

I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
the Devil". *I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence. *As I
wrote earlier, this superior attitude is not invisible and makes
bicycling more hazardous.

Jobst Brandt- Hide quoted text -

I don't think they go that deep into energies. They just know I'm
smaller and push me around.

It's the same principle of the jungle: "The Big Fish eats the Little
Fish!"
Old June 26th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Jun 26, 5:18*am, Tadej Brezina wrote:
Where's the point in the promotion from dictatorship to monarchy?
Tadej

--
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it.”

Tadej, we are fighting the predators of the jungle through their
symbols of power and status.

I don't promote monarchy though, just monkey democracy. The alpha-male
monkeys that want to be lions will be put in cages. Unless they eat
the banana to prove who they are...
Old June 26th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Originally Posted by genec
'The thought that one needs an SUV for some 90% of the tasks that
people assign to them is baffling all throughout Europe where SUVs do
not have nearly the "penetration" they have in the US. And yes, as you
point out there are plenty of folk in frigid northern climates of
places like Finland that do not drive SUVs to get though the snow...
and in fact actually ride bicycles in that same weather.'

What you say makes so much sense. SUVs are just Selfish Unnecessary
Vehicles.
Old June 26th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

You know what USA stands for?

USA stands for United Selfish of America...

I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
selfishness?
Old June 26th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tadej Brezina

KingOfTheApes schrieb:
On Jun 26, 5:18 am, Tadej Brezina wrote:
Where's the point in the promotion from dictatorship to monarchy?

Tadej, we are fighting the predators of the jungle through their
symbols of power and status.
I don't promote monarchy though, just monkey democracy.

But you promoted yourselves from plain commandante to illustrious king!
How does that go along with your democratic strives towards banana republic?

The alpha-male
monkeys that want to be lions will be put in cages. Unless they eat
the banana to prove who they are...

No need to put the wannabe lions in cages, just throw them back at their
natural feet! ;.)

Tadej
Old June 26th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Jun 26, 12:36*pm, Tadej Brezina wrote:
KingOfTheApes schrieb:

[...]

It's either the cage, the feet, the bike or the banana!
Old June 26th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jens Müller[_2_]

KingOfTheApes schrieb:
You know what USA stands for?

USA stands for United Selfish of America...

I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
selfishness?

"I would never fight for my country, \\ 'cause it won't fight for you
and me."
Old June 26th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Jun 26, 1:10*pm, Jens Müller wrote:
KingOfTheApes schrieb:

You know what USA stands for?

USA stands for United Selfish of America...

I wonder how can anyone die for a country that stands for
selfishness?

"I would never fight for my country, \\ 'cause it won't fight for you
and me."

Exactly. But it's the stupid monkeys that do the fighting...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia...ed_monkeys.jpg
Old June 26th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

BICYCLE VIDEO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJibBn1Et4

Originally Posted by genec
"I have since fixed the link to the video... thanks DQ for pointing it
out."

Oh tanks, I've been looking for the video.

The point is that 40% of trips in America are under 2 miles, PERFECT
FOR RIDING BIKES...

So it's NOT even that we have to get rid of the evil SUVs overnight,
but we can take up biking for short distances.

And if you do one good thing, then it cancels out the bad thing, and
you are OK... Get my point?

Old June 26th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Originally Posted by genec
"BTW having spent 7 years as a "stupid monkey" (by your definition) I
find your implications quite distasteful.

Try to keep in mind that the monkeys only carry out the policies set
forth by the politicians. And as a democracy, we tend to get the
politicians we deserve."

Well, things were different before 2000. There was a sense of duty and
patriotism. This war is about oil and SUVs, period. Or you may have
signed up before 9-11, in which case you didn't know how to get out.

My statement though is not meant to be an insult, but a reminder to
those monkeys who want to join the Army.

Forget about democracy, the sheep vote for the lions, and are not
interested in what war is all about. "Just do the job quickly," they
say. Well, it turned out to be neither quick nor cheap.

The monkeys need to be reminded that they are neither lions nor
sheep...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24