Sigma Onyx Pro Heart rate monitor low beep volume

Old May 19th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Martin

Default Sigma Onyx Pro Heart rate monitor low beep volume

I have a new Sigma Onyx Pro Heart rate monitor which has some very nice
capabilities for the price and appears to work well. I am interested in
other users' opinions on the beep volume & display contrast

The monitor I have has a very poor beep volume compared with my old
Polar A3. When riding in a group I had to turn the sound of my Polar HRM
off to avoid annoying other riders, but I can't hear the beeps from my
new Sigma at all, even with the volume set to max.

The Sigma also has a lower display contrast than the Polar which may be
due to the background being a little darker that background on the
Polar. The contrast is important to me because I am only just able to
read the display in good light without my reading glasses. I know I am
fighting a losing battle here and will eventually have to use some form
of reading lenses when I ride, but I would like to postpone that as long
as possible.

I bought the Sigma from BikeWorldUSA via Amazon. Are low beep volume and
low display contrast common to these HRMs or is mine faulty?

Thanks in advance for your comments and experiences.

--
Removed z before replying by email.

Heart Rate Monitor DC1999 General 6 January 2nd 08 03:17 AM
Heart rate monitor? John Burns UK 2 October 20th 07 09:39 PM
How does a heart rate monitor pickup my heart beat and transmits? [email protected] UK 1 February 14th 06 06:02 PM
How does a heart rate monitor pickup the heart bear and transmit? [email protected] UK 1 February 14th 06 05:41 PM
Heart Rate Monitor Giant ATX 860 Mountain Biking 12 April 2nd 04 01:17 AM