"I'm going to knock your head off with a baseball bat"

Old April 20th 05, 10:07 PM

Thurston wrote:

Well, bully for you. I ride but I also drive ... (pausing to allow
readers to recover from the shock) and I get ****ed at most bike
riders too.

?? Most of us drive cars as well as ride bikes. You're hardly unique.

If you get ****ed at most bike riders, then either the bike riders in
your area are much worse than any I've seen, or (MUCH more likely)
you're just another arrogant, impatient, self-important motorist.

Relax. Slow down. Breathe deeply. You're really not going to save
the world if you're home 15 seconds earlier.

- Frank Krygowski

Old April 21st 05, 11:57 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:27:58 -0400, Thurston noemail wrote:

Let me be the first (and only, it appears) person to bring up the
reason most drivers hate cyclists.

No, that's not a reason, it's an excuse. One of many.

You appear to be suffering from "cageritis" - the Transport Research
Laboratory documented this attitude in its report 549 of 2003:

"A key finding which should be noted was that, when commenting on the
scenarios it was usually the behaviour of the cyclist that was
criticised – no matter how small the misdemeanour. Few links were made
between the cyclist’s behaviour and any external influences that could
be affecting their choice of behaviour; i.e. the respondents’ comments
indicated that they thought the cyclist’s actions were inherent and
dispositional behaviours. In contrast, the motorists’ misdemeanours
were excused or justified in terms of the situational influences. As
this tendency seemed to continue across the groups and the individual
depth interviews and was unprompted, it is unlikely that group
dynamics had any significant effect on this finding. [...] This aligns
with the psychological prediction of targeting of members of an ‘out
group’"

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/...loody_cyclists

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old April 21st 05, 08:53 PM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:57:43 +0100,
, "Just zis Guy, you
know?" wrote:

[...]

Wouldn't it have been easier to say scud jockeys like Thurston and the
rest are just worthless self absorbed scum bags and be done with it.
--
zk
Old April 22nd 05, 12:59 AM
Peter Cole

Zoot Katz wrote:

Wouldn't it have been easier to say scud jockeys like Thurston and

the
rest are just worthless self absorbed scum bags and be done with it.

Good summary, I'll go with it.

Old April 22nd 05, 02:08 AM

Zoot Katz wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:57:43 +0100,
, "Just zis Guy, you
know?" wrote:

[...]

Zoot, some of us lack your skill at poetic brevity. ;-)

- Frank Krygowski

Old April 22nd 05, 04:26 PM
Thurston

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:53:26 -0700, Zoot Katz
wrote:

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:57:43 +0100,
, "Just zis Guy, you
know?" wrote:

[...]

What a load of crap that "study" is.

Why not stick to the basics.

There are a lot of a-hole cyclists who cut through traffic, ignoring
rules/laws except when it suits them. When I ride I stay on the side
of the road and yield to cars at ALL times. You pinheads who think
you're saving the world because you ride a bike to work are the
epitomy of self absorbed scum bags.

Get out of the way of people in cars. Idling behind you while you clog
up traffic is causing more polution and wasting more energy than you
save by riding your bike.

It's embarrasing to ride and be lumped together with pinheads like
you.

Thurston

Old April 22nd 05, 04:52 PM
Neil Brooks

Thurston noemail wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:53:26 -0700, Zoot Katz
wrote:

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:57:43 +0100,
, "Just zis Guy, you
know?" wrote:

[...]

Yielding to cars at ALL times may leave you dead . . . so be careful .
.. . and chuck principle for practicality: do what's right for a given
situation instead.
Old April 22nd 05, 05:19 PM

Thurston wrote:

What a load of crap that "study" is.

Why not stick to the basics.

There are a lot of a-hole cyclists who cut through traffic, ignoring
rules/laws except when it suits them. When I ride I stay on the side
of the road and yield to cars at ALL times. You pinheads who think
you're saving the world because you ride a bike to work are the
epitomy of self absorbed scum bags.

Get out of the way of people in cars. Idling behind you while you

clog
up traffic is causing more polution and wasting more energy than you
save by riding your bike.

It's embarrasing to ride and be lumped together with pinheads like
you.

Thurston

Ah! The true nature of our latest troll comes out!

- Frank Krygowski

Old April 22nd 05, 05:39 PM
Dane Jackson

Thurston noemail didn't write:

What a load of crap that "study" is.

Why not stick to the basics.

There are a lot of a-hole drivers who cut through traffic, ignoring
rules/laws except when it suits them. When I drive I stay on the side
of the road and yield to bikes at ALL times. You pinheads who think
you're saving some time because you drive a car to work are the
epitomy of self absorbed scum bags.

Get out of the way of people on bikes. Idling behind you while you clog
up traffic is causing more aggravation and wasting more energy than you
save time by driving your car.

It's embarrasing to drive and be lumped together with pinheads like
you.

Thurston

I think I like this version better personally.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"I'll carry your books, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over,
Old April 22nd 05, 05:49 PM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:26:44 -0400,
, scud slave,Thurston
noemail snivelled and whined like a caged scumbag:

Get out of the way of people in cars. Idling behind you while you clog
up traffic is causing more polution and wasting more energy than you
save by riding your bike.

You'll more frequently wait idling and spewing while another
incompetent attempts berthing their bloated ****wagon.

You lose far more time delayed by motorised traffic than by bicycles.
It's a matter of your faulty perception.

Go choke.
--
zk