KH Moment Ti Hub

Old December 31st 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

Default KH Moment Ti Hub

ow damm...
a broken Ti hub

--
tim_desmet

-- Sorry for my bad english --
Old December 31st 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

It looks like the cracks started at the cutout KH logo.
Those logo's are overkill and are not good for the strenght of the hub.

The holes in the flanges of K1 or Nimbus hubs are way better, since
they are smaller and not to close to the welds.

Still, impresive work

--
Probailer2

JJuggle wrote:
If somebody cloned your mother would you have sex with the clone? I
should think not.

Danni wrote:
I don't like having penis written all over my uni .

manon1wheel wrote:
no offense but deads look plain old gross...

Old December 31st 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tumblebug rollin

Appears to be stress fracture from metal fatigue. You know how a piece
of wire bent repeatedly in the same place ultimately breaks? Well this
appears to be a "stress fracture" from repetitive "flex" at the weld.
Weld was defective to begin with.

--
tumblebug rollin
Old December 31st 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Hey,

It looks to me like that hub had a defective weld.

Joe- thanks for the email. I will set you up with a warranty
replacement on it.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 31st 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

Probailer2;1161211 wrote:
It looks like the cracks started at the cutout KH logo.
Those logo's are overkill and are not good for the strenght of the hub.

The holes in the flanges of K1 or Nimbus hubs are way better, since
they are smaller and not to close to the welds.

Still, impresive work

Seems like this to me too.

The KH signature is really close to the weld. Kris should just drilled
holes instead of those KH signtature...And it's hard to see that it's
writtent KH.

--
Emile.m

Team UDC Canada
visit www.municycle.ca

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y (hum, 07/08 winter footage
only)
Old January 1st 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

danger_uni;1161252 wrote:
Hey,

It looks to me like that hub had a defective weld.

Joe- thanks for the email. I will set you up with a warranty
replacement on it.

Kris

Legend

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old January 1st 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Emile.m;1161286 wrote:
Seems like this to me too.

The KH signature is really close to the weld. Kris should just drilled
holes instead of those KH signtature...And it's hard to see that it's
writtent KH.

I suggested this in an earlier thread.

Instead of having the hub like this:

Code:
--------------------
KH
KH KH
KH
--------------------

To seperate it and put it like this:

Code:
--------------------
H H
--------------------

Less metal cutout, and you still get his Ks and Hs on the hub.

--
Jerrick

'*Bought it!*' (http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa)
*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old January 1st 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

Jerrick;1161581 wrote:
I suggested this in an earlier thread.
Less metal cutout, and you still get his Ks and Hs on the hub.

Maybe, or just round holes like nimbus and koxx-one.

The KH sig holes make the flanges bent on the KH hub. My flanges are
almost only bent where there is the KH signature hole. It make a really
wide gap in the flange so it bends pretty easely.

Old January 1st 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclistjoe

unicycledood;1161498 wrote:
Legend

Totally.

--
unicyclistjoe

NZUni President
94cm Highest Hop
287cm Longest Hop
205cm Static Flat Gap
Old January 1st 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Holes save a little weight, and have that nice smooth radius to spread
the stress. I like having KH on all the parts, because uni's are kinda
more a mixture of parts, on the high end, then any sort of model. Years
down the road, should you want to sell a part to someone who only knows
a bit, the KH branding may help show that it is a quality part.

It does seem that the KH hub cut outs have gone a bit to far towards
branding, and away from the theoretical perfect design.

It is so cool to have Kris on this thread and dealing with this. He is
likely right that this is more of a weld problem. Welders adjust their
machine according to how the weld looks to them. On a cold mourning, a
few hubs may be made with to cold a welder adjustment, before the welder
changes the heat. When I was a commercial welder, I was paid by the
hour. We did the best we could, but passed stuff from early in the
adjustment process rather then make trouble for myself by saying
anything.

Kris is great with his warranty, and a small number of failures like
this are certain even with the best of design. Welders make mistakes,
even a small distraction can cause the welder to slip up in a place.
Welders will never admit this, because no one will notice if they say
nothing !

--
feel the light

First SPD moment DavidR UK 6 May 6th 06 12:43 PM
A moment to savour wafflycat General 33 August 16th 05 10:43 PM
Embaressing moment. unist Unicycling 10 July 21st 05 08:01 AM
The best Trenton moment.... Tim Mullin Racing 1 June 6th 05 08:59 PM
Comical Moment (x3) Richard Bates UK 4 January 2nd 05 07:25 PM