Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

Old September 16th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Default Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

I think your backwards. Wallis is wider I believe. You can get get
either style base from UDC, as in Miyata or KH. Wallis is more Miyata
shaped(in the hardware section). I cant say that the front middle and
back are all wider, but the base itself is wider than a KH or KH shaped
CF.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old September 18th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

unisk8r wrote:
...Wallis is...wider in the center than a KH

Guess I'm Dr. Pepper (so misunderstood!)

--
unisk8r
Old September 18th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Is wallis making his seats again? I tried buying one this spring and he
said he wasn't making them for a while. Although expensive, they are
without a doubt, the very best.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old September 18th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tmoyer

Scott said yes on seats - 4 weeks lead time.

And his bases are 1/4" (6mm) wider than the KH/Velo base, and KH foam
and covers fit fine on them.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
Old September 18th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

Got my CF today. Very pleased.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old September 22nd 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

The Wallis base drilled but without hardware is $130, so even worse for
Darren.

I still might buy one from him though

--
hobo_chuck
Old December 7th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Why is it that UDC runs out of all these parts just before I finally get
around to buying them?

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old December 8th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

hey!
so im looking into buying a carbon fiber seatbase. i dont have the
money to buy a wallis seat base.

is there a big difference in the miyata style base? will i still be
able to fit the KH bumpers and handle on it? is it worth it to save 130$
for the s. wallis base?

--
manon1wheel

-Riley Crosby

'2007 video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMLvlS5taI)
'2008 video now on youtube!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWctiLjlZ4)
'2008 \"flow\" video on youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowb7OqT_aU)
Old December 8th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

I ride trials with my cf base, the one of ucd and it's really nice, I've
used some tape to make a sif handle, works awesome.

Unless you want to run thompson posts specifily, I'd just save the
cash. That said, I've never used a wallis.

Just my 2cents. The ucd ones a nice.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old December 8th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

wickedbob;1145406 wrote:
I ride trials with my cf base, the one of ucd and it's really nice, I've
used some tape to make a sif handle, works awesome.

Unless you want to run thompson posts specifily, I'd just save the
cash. That said, I've never used a wallis.

Just my 2cents. The ucd ones a nice.

so the stock KH handle and bumper will fit on the miyata CF base from
UDC?
-Riley