how to measure, 661 pads.

Old August 10th 05, 08:21 PM
habbywall

Default how to measure, 661 pads.

i might get 661's but i dont know what size to get i would get 'These
ones here' (http://tinyurl.com/bnph6) but im not sure what size to get
them in could someone please help me size them?
thanks to anyone who responds

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
mac g4 10.4, 20 gb ipod 3rd gen with linux

habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old August 10th 05, 08:35 PM
Krashin'Kenny

It has the sizing chart listed on the website:

L(TOP 18.5" BOTTOM 9.5")

M(TOP 16" BOTTOM 9")

S(TOP 15.75" BOTTOM 8")

Just measure the diameter of your leg at the ankle (bottom)

and measure your thigh about 3 inches above your knee (top)

This should give you an idea about sizing

I wear a large (5'9" tall and weigh @ 185)

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old August 10th 05, 08:38 PM
ColDawG

check your PMs, i sent you a coupon code they gave me, i don't have
anything to order from them right now

--
ColDawG - I go both ways:

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old August 10th 05, 08:51 PM
juggle508

I was also wondering this. Thanks.

--
juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

---------- Joshua 1:9----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old August 10th 05, 10:20 PM
montana

how long are the large pads, I have thick legs but they aren't very
long. by there size chart I should be the large, but if they are long
at all I won't be able to wear them.
Montana

--
montana

anybody else from wyoming?
montana's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10072

Old August 10th 05, 10:53 PM
Krashin'Kenny

montana wrote:
*how long are the large pads, I have thick legs but they aren't very
long. by there size chart I should be the large, but if they are long
at all I won't be able to wear them.
Montana *

Don't be too concerned about the length. They fit us short-legged people
quite well. I wear a large and have a 30" inseam. They sit on the top of
my shoe and extend a fair amount above my knee, adding a little extra
protection

Old August 10th 05, 10:53 PM
phlegm

In contrast. I am 5'9" 140 lbs, and the small 661s fit me snugly. I
was worried when I ordered small because I thought they might be sized
for children, but I'm happy with the fit.

--
phlegm - skill level e
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old August 10th 05, 11:58 PM
montana

I'm 5' 4" 160 pounds. and I have pretty big calf muscles. I think I'm
going to just give it a try though. I wonder if mediums would still
work, even if there a little tight.
Montana

Old August 11th 05, 12:42 AM
john_childs

Measuring the 661 or Roach pads by girth is silly IMHO. The more
important measure is length unless your legs are really fat or really
skinny. Length is important because you don't want the pads to be so
short that they slide down your leg when you crash. If the pads slide
down they expose the top of your knee. What's the point of knee pads
if the knee protection just slides down during a crash?

I'd go for the longest size that you can fit on your legs.

I have a brand new set of Large 661's.
Measurements a
Length from the bottom up to the first articulation where the knee can
bend: 13.75 inches
Length from the bottom up to the second articulation where the knee can
bend: 15.5 inches

The pads flex at the two articulation points. To fit the large you'll
want your shins to be long enough so that the articulation points can
fit over the bend of your knee (basically the top of your kneecap). So
measure from a little above the top of your riding shoes up to the top
of your kneecap. For me the pads tend to fit best with the bottom
articulation at the bottom of the kneecap and the top articulation at
the top of the kneecap or thereabouts.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

Old August 11th 05, 09:07 AM
TheObieOne3226

You=5'4'' or less........small
You=5'4''-5'9''........medium
You=5'9'' or more......large

Err on the side of bigness.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Hello!

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Brake pads eating rims? [email protected] Techniques 27 July 29th 05 07:44 PM
Best V-brake pads? thumbie Techniques 4 December 17th 04 04:01 PM
Brake Pads Lee UK 8 February 18th 04 12:34 AM
Where / How to get pads for Bell Fusion Helmet? Colin Campbell Techniques 12 January 28th 04 05:18 AM
*Edit Me* - New FAQ addition on brake squeal. ant Techniques 1 July 23rd 03 06:52 AM