Is there a product for this?

Old June 10th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Is there a product for this?

Lately around here it rains once a week, like clockwork. I still ride
(haven't bought gas since early April, and only a couple gallons then),
but I'm having a problem. I have a rainsuit, which works fine to keep me
dry from my neck down to my ankles. And that's where the problem is. The
water runs down my legs and into my socks and shoes. The occasional
splash from gutters and puddles adds to the saturation.
I was at REI yesterday, and looked at shoe covers. Expensive, and
insulated. I don't need to keep my feet warm this time of year, just dry.
Does anyone here know of something for this problem, a gaiter or spat
of some kind, that they can recommend?

Thanks,
Bill

__o | Blind faith in your leaders--or in anything--
_`\(,_ | will get you killed.
(_)/ (_) | --Bruce Springsteen

Old June 11th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jun 10, 2:27*pm, wrote:
snip
water runs down my legs and into my socks and shoes. *The occasional
splash from gutters and puddles adds to the saturation.
* *I was at REI yesterday, and looked at shoe covers. *Expensive, and
insulated. *I don't need to keep my feet warm this time of year, just dry.
* *Does anyone here know of something for this problem, a gaiter or spat
of some kind, that they can recommend?

Thanks,
Bill

Hey Bill maybe something like this:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=1344

I got some similar on-sale at Performance during the winter, they
worked great.
I'm actually looking forward to wearing them again next winter since
they look cool too.
ABS