Ullrich DESTROYED Lance!

Old July 19th 03, 02:48 PM
Dave

Default Ullrich DESTROYED Lance!

"Fred Marx" wrote in message ...

Dave wrote:
"dwjones" wrote in message
et...

"Dave" wrote in message

"dwjones" wrote in message
t.net...

ullrich had a spectaular time trial. however he does not have the team

to be

able to match lance in the Pyrenees

Sure he does...the team of the current 2nd place rider, Vinokurov

Dave

no he doesn't. vinokurov is a member of his previous team

Duh!...think outside the box for a moment..
Dave

Let's see Vinokourov is actually in 3rd overall and I'll just bet they
ride for him.... and then for Vino and Zabel in the following flat
stages... no way I see JU getting help form the pink and black... Now
ONCE on the other hand.... Figure Basque riders beating each other into
the ground and they have lost Beloki... I bet they're available for deal
making.... Plus JU can be opportunistic and jump on Basque attacks that
look promising.. In reality? he rides right there with LA and Vino and
limits the damage till the final ITT.

I have no doubt they ride for Vino, but in an interview (pre-tour) Zabel said he would have no
problem working for Jan in the right setting. If for some reason Vinokurov falters, I think that
may be the right setting
Dave

Old July 19th 03, 04:30 PM
jean-yves hervé

In article ,
"James Thomson" wrote:

"jean-yves hervé" wrote

It's the first time in 3 years that I watch the TdF on French
TV, and I can hardly believe it is the person as the obnoxious
guy who won in 1998.

It isn't: the obnoxious guy who won in '98 was Marco Pantani.

my bad, I keep confusing these two. :-)

jyh.

jean-yves herve' /\
Department of Computer Science \/ e-mail --
and Statistics /\
University of Rhode Island \/ Tel. -- (401) 874-4400
Kingston, RI 02881-0816 /\ Fax. -- (401) 874-4617
USA \/
Old July 19th 03, 06:43 PM
Nick Burns

"Corey Green" wrote in message
news
It will all come down to the ability to change pace. We all saw what
happened when Manuel Beltran picked up the pace - Jan was gone. Jan is

still
a one-pace climber. When he comes back, he does it at his own pace - he is
still strong, but if he gets gapped, who knows what will go through his
head.

It is not so much "one pace" but rather that he accelerates more slowly. He
needs to attack first.

From: warren
Date: 7/18/2003 9:37 PM Eastern

I predict Heras and Armstrong will attack hard because Ullrich can't do
that.

-WG

Warren, I'm not sure that Jan won't be able to respond this time. He

looks
lighter and much fitter than he has been for years. Granted he's more

of
power climber. What happens if Bianchi and Telekom set a high pace for

Jan
and
Vino to keep Lance and the Postie climbers at bay?
Gonna be a lot of fun though, isn't it?
Bill C

Old July 19th 03, 07:35 PM
David Ryan

Nick Burns wrote:

"Corey Green" wrote in message
news
It will all come down to the ability to change pace. We all saw what
happened when Manuel Beltran picked up the pace - Jan was gone. Jan is

still
a one-pace climber. When he comes back, he does it at his own pace - he is
still strong, but if he gets gapped, who knows what will go through his
head.

It is not so much "one pace" but rather that he accelerates more slowly. He
needs to attack first.

You cannot accelerate more slowly and get away.
Old July 19th 03, 08:08 PM
urhome

Default "hardcore Ullrich haters?"

I've never met one. I congratulate him on his weight loss and not waiting
'til next year to give it his best shot.

"Scott Downie" wrote in message
What was it? 1:30 over 45k ? Even the most hardcore Ullrich haters must
appreciate that one !

--
Irrationally held truths may be more harmfull than reasoned errors.
"Rene Clancy" wrote in message
Go Jan GO!!!!

Old July 19th 03, 08:16 PM
Nick Burns

"David Ryan" wrote in message
Nick Burns wrote:

"Corey Green" wrote in message
news
It will all come down to the ability to change pace. We all saw what
happened when Manuel Beltran picked up the pace - Jan was gone. Jan is

still
a one-pace climber. When he comes back, he does it at his own pace -

he is
still strong, but if he gets gapped, who knows what will go through

his
head.

It is not so much "one pace" but rather that he accelerates more slowly.

He
needs to attack first.

You cannot accelerate more slowly and get away.

To be successful, he would have to accelerate at a time that Armstrong is
not able to in order to. I am obviously not comparing their side by side
performance. I am comparing one riders attacking style to another's.

Old July 20th 03, 10:11 PM
Stewart Fleming

Jamce1 wrote:

interesting to see that all the players took time out of armstrong over the
last portion. whats up with that?

How do you lose 7kg of fluid body weight in an hour?

Old July 20th 03, 11:46 PM
David Ryan

Stewart Fleming wrote:

Jamce1 wrote:

interesting to see that all the players took time out of armstrong over the
last portion. whats up with that?

How do you lose 7kg of fluid body weight in an hour?

Slicing your wrists will do it