[Melb] Main Yarra Trail closure next week - Floating Pontoons Section

Old March 2nd 06, 05:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default [Melb] Main Yarra Trail closure next week - Floating Pontoons Section

FYI - News just send to us from Bicycle Victoria

**********

Main Yarra Trail closure next week - Floating Pontoons Section

Hi All,

For your information:

Our Yarra Trail website has details of the imminent closure of the Main
Yarra Trail. As expressed on the site we are very disappointed with the
consultation undertaken by Parks Victoria (Burnley office) and the
alternative route.

http://www.bv.com.au/inform.php?a=7&b=174&c=1087

I hope those of you who ride this route are not too inconvenienced and
stay safe. I have been told that the trail will not be closed between
Macrob Bridge and the Burnley Wharf boomgates – therefore the
alternative route under the freeway bridge, past the Parks office and
onto the back streets is an option although you will have to stay on
back streets right through to Hoddle Street.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Dixon
Cycling Development - Trails

Bicycle Victoria

--
cfsmtb

Old March 2nd 06, 06:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
FYI - News just send to us from Bicycle Victoria

**********

Main Yarra Trail closure next week - Floating Pontoons Section

Thankyou for posting this.

Old March 3rd 06, 09:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
[...]

A trail with floating pontoons!
Bloody hell you city people are spoiled. We country people have to swim
across our rivers, which isn't easy with a steel framed bike!
Old March 3rd 06, 10:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Friday wrote:

A trail with floating pontoons!
Bloody hell you city people are spoiled. We country people have to swim
across our rivers, which isn't easy with a steel framed bike!

Ha! The pontoons are made of steel!

Old March 3rd 06, 10:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve Wrote:
Friday wrote:

A trail with floating pontoons!
Bloody hell you city people are spoiled. We country people have to

swim
across our rivers, which isn't easy with a steel framed bike!

Ha! The pontoons are made of steel!

and slippery to boot !

--
rooman

Old March 3rd 06, 10:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:

Then again citystink was suppoed to do same/similar solution bikebits
along Bolte Bridge in their contract but Bracks rolled over and took it
far too easily

You mean *on the Bolte Bridge*. The original specs included bikelane
designs but it proved all too problematic, according to the
*authorities*.

--
cfsmtb