FS: 3-way shoulderbag/handlebar-bag/saddle-bag (leather/canvas)---cool!

Old May 3rd 05, 08:41 PM

Default FS: 3-way shoulderbag/handlebar-bag/saddle-bag (leather/canvas)---cool!

Check out this triple-use product!

Read on or cut to the chase...

http://outyourbackdoor.com/article.php?id=198

Here's the scoop...

I bought a supply of "very good" condition military surplus shoulder
bags made of leather and canvas...and modified them into this handy new
Carry-All.

They're great daily carry-alls. ---Some call em "man purses." Yeah!

They're 10"x8"x4" with outside pocket---will hold a bottle of wine plus
several goodies.

To make them into my cool 3-Way bags, I first sew on a cool,
skate-style embroidered "OYB" logo patch to give em a hip urban look
(it works).

("OYB" is your chance to make a vaguely fashionable image statement
that hasn't been exploited by a big corporation yet. It stands for
OutYourBackdoor.com---a zeen/website devoted to independent
do-it-yourself culture of all kinds, with a big emphasis on outdoor
action like cycling, paddling, XC skiing: affordable, local, fresh-air
stuff.)

Each Carry-All comes with 3 small leather straps that you can use to
attach it to your handlebars (and headtube). Just tuck the shoulder
strap into the mainpouch (or remove it). They also have waist-straps
which are also removable or tuckable.

To use it as a saddlebag just tuck/remove shoulder/waist-straps and
clip it onto your saddlerails (or saddleloops) by way of 1/4" gaps cut
into the shoulder-strap D-rings attached to the mainbag. These gaps are
hidden under the canvas attachment loops when not being used. Then use
one of the leather straps to attach to seatpost by way of lower
D-rings.

Cool! 3 uses in one! And they look good, too. (Well, in a slightly
rumpled leather/canvas with skate-style logo kind of way.)

$30 with a PayPal click. See them in action at my homepage:
http://OutYourBackdoor.com.