RR: College Bound

Old June 12th 05, 12:33 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: College Bound

Today was a JAR skills clinic day. Before we helped the newbies, Jeff
and I went for a "relaxed" ride at the Gloucester County Community
College. It's a short course made of quick and steep short hills and
rooty singletrack. It's been beat up pretty bad over the years and it
was a tad bit sloppy today. It was even worse on the single speed as I
had to get off on just about every climb because of the wet roots.

I did get to test out my new helmet cam. It's a viosport with 520 lines
of resolution. I was tempted to go the full miniDV strapped to the
helmet thing, but my kneck just couldn't support it.

Here is some video from the ride:

High Bandwidth Video (28MB MPEG): http://www.schnauzers.ws/gcc.mpg
Low Bandwidth Video (6MB WMV): http://www.schnauzers.ws/gcc_256.wmv

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old June 12th 05, 12:48 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Today was a JAR skills clinic day. Before we helped the newbies, Jeff
and I went for a "relaxed" ride at the Gloucester County Community
College.

You're lucky you weren't perceived as a terrorist threat and arrested and
thrown in jail!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old June 12th 05, 12:52 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Today was a JAR skills clinic day. Before we helped the newbies,
Jeff and I went for a "relaxed" ride at the Gloucester County
Community College.

You're lucky you weren't perceived as a terrorist threat and arrested
and thrown in jail!

Eek... volume needed to be turned to off to watch at least some of it. The
screeching at the beginning almost made me click that little X in the upper
right corner.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old June 12th 05, 01:11 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
I did get to test out my new helmet cam.

You need to adjust your suspension, as in use your
arms and legs to absorb trail shock.

You also need to aim the lipstick cam higher.
Old June 12th 05, 01:13 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Today was a JAR skills clinic day. Before we helped the newbies,
Jeff and I went for a "relaxed" ride at the Gloucester County
Community College.

You're lucky you weren't perceived as a terrorist threat and arrested
and thrown in jail!

Eek... volume needed to be turned to off to watch at least some of it. The
screeching at the beginning almost made me click that little X in the upper
right corner.

LOL. That was the best squeeky wheel I could find for my intro.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old June 12th 05, 01:22 AM
Ride-A-Lot

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

I did get to test out my new helmet cam.

You need to adjust your suspension, as in use your arms and legs to
absorb trail shock.

You also need to aim the lipstick cam higher.

Gotcha. It was a new mount for the cam so I know there's adjustment
needed.

I was on my SS which is a hardtail. Not my usual bike, and I didn't
realize how bad the roots would be here. It's been a while since I last
road at the college.

Thanks for the tips.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

college project droscher2001 Techniques 24 October 16th 04 10:18 PM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
new st. mary's college moraga, ca observatory 21 pics. this is not a observatory it's a silo for 2 nuke missiles LOOK OUT FALL OUT Off Road 1 April 17th 04 10:55 PM
new st. mary's college moraga, ca observatory stars Mountain Biking 0 April 13th 04 11:28 AM