Can I order a "SAME ROADS, SAME RULES" sticker?

Old October 17th 03, 02:07 AM
Hi, I'm TV's Oscar The Grouch

Default Can I order a "SAME ROADS, SAME RULES" sticker?

I saw someone with a bumper sticker with a picture of a bike accompanied
by something like "SAME ROADS, SAME RULES". Is it possible I can order
or buy a sticker like this somewhere?

The maniacs around here who don't know how to drive apparently can't
grasp this concept, so we need to teach it to them.

--

I think. Therefore, I am not a conservative!
----- http://members.iglou.com/bandit ------

Check out my blog blogga blog at http://bandit73.pitas.com

Say NO to Ernie "Hey Bert" Fletcher! Vote for the other bozo!
Better yet, don't vote at all! It just encourages the jerks!
Old October 17th 03, 02:41 PM
Claire Petersky

"Hi, I'm TV's Oscar The Grouch" wrote in message
I saw someone with a bumper sticker with a picture of a bike accompanied
by something like "SAME ROADS, SAME RULES". Is it possible I can order
or buy a sticker like this somewhere?

The maniacs around here who don't know how to drive apparently can't
grasp this concept, so we need to teach it to them.

If you order it from the State of Washington
(http://www.dol.wa.gov/vs/tr-spp.htm#Jones) you'll get a reflective Share
the Road strip, the bumper sticker you are interested in, and a window
cling. Money received from the sale provides funding for bicycle and
pedestrian awareness, safety education, and enforcement. Funds generated
from the purchase of the emblem will be placed into a special safety account
to promote bicycle and pedestrian safety.

You can see sort of what the bumper sticker looks like he
http://www.bicyclealliance.org/mainp...onesemblem.htm

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Old October 17th 03, 03:22 PM
David Reuteler

http://www.probicycle.com/stickers.html
--
david reuteler

Old October 17th 03, 03:30 PM
Leland Mayne

http://www.probicycle.com/
Old October 17th 03, 04:40 PM
terry morse

http://probicycle.com/stickers.html

Old October 17th 03, 05:20 PM
Hi, I'm TV's Oscar The Grouch

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:41:54 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
said:

You can see sort of what the bumper sticker looks like he
http://www.bicyclealliance.org/mainp...onesemblem.htm

The sticker I saw didn't look as modern as the ones on this site, but
the words were the same.

Washington seems to be a very anti-bike state, judging by the
preponderance of places with mandatory helmet laws, so I'm surprised
they would have this sticker.

--

I think. Therefore, I am not a conservative!
----- http://members.iglou.com/bandit ------

Check out my blog blogga blog at http://bandit73.pitas.com

Say NO to Ernie "The Truth Stretcher" Fletcher! Vote for the other bozo!
Better yet, don't vote at all! It just encourages the jerks!
Old October 18th 03, 12:46 AM
Hi, I'm TV's Oscar The Grouch

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:43:14 -0500, GregR said:

WTF does helmet laws have to do with being anti-bike?

Same roads, same rules, same rights.

Old October 18th 03, 03:57 AM
GRL

Better analogy is with motorcycles. If your state requires motorcyclists to
wear a helmet, they should require it of bicyclists operating on roads as
well. Automobile drivers have the benefit of all that car around them.
Neither type of "biker" does. No comparison. Don't personally think the
government has any business forcing either to wear a helmet (not a liberal),
but if they do for one, they should for both in the interest of consistency.

On the other hand, bike helmets are of little use in a collision with a car,
anyway. Be better if they want to mandate bike helmets to require motorcycle
level helmet protection. Effective, but non-cute, heavy, and expensive.

--

- GRL

"Work hard, be happy, annoy a liberal."