Follow up to dynamo tail lamp on a folder

Old September 27th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Follow up to dynamo tail lamp on a folder

Yes folks--it was just a plain old screw in bulb. Silly me. It being
the future and everything, I couldn't just get one here in the Holler.
However, Mr. Muzi, friend to dynamos, sorted me out! Today, a letter--
Priority Mail no less, came with not only a tail lamp, but a spare,
and a spare head lamp as well!

I pulled new wire, which took a good hour as it's routed internally
and it kept hanging up on whatever creatures were in the tube, and
after another half hour of emery paper and contact cleaner, that tail
lamp finally lit up! Wahoo! Christmas! That thing hasn't lit up
probably since 1970.

Gerta's gonna be very happy. All done pro bono--ya can't charge for
something this crusty. ;-)

http://i33.tinypic.com/2m2ytn8.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2iszkmd.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/mlpbq0.jpg
Old September 27th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

On 9/26/2008 4:35 PM landotter wrote:

Yes folks--it was just a plain old screw in bulb. Silly me. It being
the future and everything, I couldn't just get one here in the Holler.
However, Mr. Muzi, friend to dynamos, sorted me out! Today, a letter--
Priority Mail no less, came with not only a tail lamp, but a spare,
and a spare head lamp as well!

I pulled new wire, which took a good hour as it's routed internally
and it kept hanging up on whatever creatures were in the tube, and
after another half hour of emery paper and contact cleaner, that tail
lamp finally lit up! Wahoo! Christmas! That thing hasn't lit up
probably since 1970.

Gerta's gonna be very happy. All done pro bono--ya can't charge for
something this crusty. ;-)

Indeed. A job well done.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"

lumicycle LED lamp? Ian Smith UK 1 October 25th 06 12:30 AM
Carbide lamp Adam Rush Techniques 28 February 22nd 06 12:22 PM
0.6w tail light for dynamo set, where to buy? maxo General 12 March 15th 05 05:32 AM
best bulb for dynamo front lamp w. DToplight rear? [email protected] UK 4 January 18th 05 05:04 PM
New Cateye lamp Simon Mason UK 8 November 17th 03 12:50 PM