Broken Exage 300 Country SLR shifter?

Old September 27th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

Default Broken Exage 300 Country SLR shifter?

In article ,
"Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ®"
wrote:

"Marty" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 10:15 pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 26, 8:45 am, Marty wrote:

Any experience with the SRAM Grip Shift on older Shimano F/R der?

Thanks.

--
Marty

Gripshift/SRAM work just fine on Shimano, granted they are
Shimano-compatible as is the one you linked above. Cheaper and lighter
(plastic parts) too.

There are two kinds of SRAM Gripshifters: their homebrewed 1:1
pull-ratio shifters (usable with X-series derailers), and their 2:1
pull-ratio units designed to work with Shimano derailers.

X-5, only works with a SRAM rear der:

http://sram.com/en/srammountain/components/x5/twistshifter.php

The common MRX line is their Shimano-compatible shifter available in 5-8
speed versions.

http://sram.com/en/srammountain/compatibleshifters/mrx/index.php

Shimano also makes a grip-shifter, which they call RevoShift.

http://velokit.co.uk/cart_productdetails.asp?PRODUCTID=2528

They make these for their normal derailer gear systems, but I also have
one built specifically for the Nexus-8/Alfine gearhubs.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

Sachs 3x7 shifter chain pin broken meb[_20_] Techniques 0 September 2nd 07 06:17 AM
Bah, Broken Shifter Jorg Lueke General 2 August 25th 07 11:17 PM
Help Request: broken STI front shifter Jim Techniques 16 April 25th 05 08:42 PM
Broken Shifter? (Tiagra 9-Speed) GP-TJ Techniques 5 February 5th 04 01:55 PM