Police get upset and block cyclists

Old December 12th 15, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Police get upset and block cyclists

Cowards don't like the truth.
QUOTE:
"Cambridge police tweeted: "We took the decision to block a handful of people who were persistently trolling our account. There's always 101 if they need us."
This sparked a Twitter storm as cyclists accused the police of blocking debate.

One cyclist tweeted: "It seems you have blocked legitimate critics too. With all due respect, trying to engage them in other ways may work better."

Cambridge Police replied: "We have no issues with constructive criticism; unfortunately, those blocked were unable to converse politely."

But cyclists claimed they were being blocked despite being "painfully polite".

One tweeted: "You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "trolling". Robust feedback is not trolling."

Another cyclist wrote: "I'm 1 of those blocked & I now want to officially complain about suggestion I'm a troll."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Twit...ail/story.html
Old December 12th 15, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/12/2015 08:12, Alycidon wrote:

Cowards don't like the truth.

But the police still have to tell the truth whether the cowards like it
or not.

[...]

A Twitter spat has erupted after Cambridge police branded cyclists
'trolls' following a campaign against badly parked bikes in the city.

Is this really the best the police can do to enforce the law? Tweet
things that law-breakers don't like?

All they have to do is collect all the illegally-parked bikes, throwm
them into the back of a big pick-up truck, drive it to the local Civic
Amenity site and dump the bikes into the crusher.

None of them will ever be badly-parked again.

Old December 12th 15, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

On 12/12/2015 08:12, Alycidon wrote:
Cowards don't like the truth. QUOTE: "Cambridge police tweeted: "We
took the decision to block a handful of people who were persistently
trolling our account. There's always 101 if they need us." This
sparked a Twitter storm as cyclists accused the police of blocking
debate.

This is typical of cyclist cult behavior. They have no other life and
feel like everyone is out to get them.

Cycling ruins lives, but they are too dim to see it.

You only have to look at how cycling has ruined Crispin's life if you
need proof.

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.
Old December 12th 15, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:47:21 +0000, Cycle-Ops
wrote:

On 12/12/2015 08:12, Alycidon wrote:
Cowards don't like the truth. QUOTE: "Cambridge police tweeted: "We
took the decision to block a handful of people who were persistently
trolling our account. There's always 101 if they need us." This
sparked a Twitter storm as cyclists accused the police of blocking
debate.

This is typical of cyclist cult behavior. They have no other life and
feel like everyone is out to get them.

Cycling ruins lives, but they are too dim to see it.

You only have to look at how cycling has ruined Crispin's life if you
need proof.

Sorry I am bit thick - how do you mean cycling ruined Crispin's life - can you
elaborate?

Has he not always been a sociopath?

Old December 13th 15, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:47:21 +0000, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Cycling ruins lives,

Rubbish.
Old December 13th 15, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:20:28 -0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:47:21 +0000, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Cycling ruins lives,

Rubbish.

I suspect it ruined the lives of the girl's parents - and it absolutely
destroyed her's.

Rhiannon Bennett, 17, was walking with friends when she was hit by cyclist
Jason Howard on 2 April 2007.
Howard was convicted of "dangerous cycling" and fined. Under the charge there
was no penalty of imprisonment.

I recall he said: "move because I'm not stopping" - a typical nice cyclist.

Old December 14th 15, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:47:21 +0000, Cycle-Ops wrote:

Cycling ruins lives,

Rubbish.

I suspect it ruined the lives of the girl's parents - and it absolutely
destroyed her's.

Rhiannon Bennett, 17, was walking with friends when she was hit by
cyclist Jason Howard on 2 April 2007.
Howard was convicted of "dangerous cycling" and fined. Under the charge
there was no penalty of imprisonment.

I recall he said: "move because I'm not stopping" - a typical nice
cyclist.

True.

The OP should have said "some bicyclists ruin lives"
just the same as some insert anything can ruin lives.

Vigilantes block cyclists from bridge Mrcheerful UK 4 July 25th 15 04:44 PM
Cyclists are Police, again Mrcheerful UK 11 April 13th 14 09:44 PM
Are cyclists now Police? Mrcheerful UK 4 April 8th 14 08:44 AM
Selfish cyclists block disabled access. Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 41 November 8th 11 08:27 PM
Are police cyclists? Marie UK 100 March 16th 11 07:04 PM