DT Swiss 460 rims

Old September 15th 20, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

Default DT Swiss 460 rims

These are tubeless compatible do they have traditional spoke access holes?
Deacon Mark
Old September 15th 20, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

https://wheelbuilder.com/dt-swiss-r-460-rim/
Old September 15th 20, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 9:50:35 AM UTC-7, Mark Cleary wrote:
These are tubeless compatible do they have traditional spoke access holes?
Deacon Mark

Yes, I've built a few wheels on these, and they are a good value rim, straight out of the box and pretty good at the seams. They are not impervious to spoke hole cracking. My son cracked a few holes. I think I had them at recommended tension, but my son subjected them to some serious load cycles.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 15th 20, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Old September 15th 20, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 12:52:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Op dinsdag 15 september 2020 om 18:50:35 UTC+2 schreef :
These are tubeless compatible do they have traditional spoke access holes?
Deacon Mark

yes.

Well more questions. I used the DT Swiss spoke calculator and input the hubs dimensions that I measure myself to make certain. It is a basic Novotec f842sb hub. According the the calculations it says 282 for DS and 287 for NON DS. That seems to be more than usual of 2 mm difference. I am sure of my measuring does that seem reasonable to have 5mm difference?

Deacon Mark
Old September 16th 20, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 9/15/2020 2:28 PM, Mark Cleary wrote:
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 12:52:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Op dinsdag 15 september 2020 om 18:50:35 UTC+2 schreef :
These are tubeless compatible do they have traditional spoke access holes?
Deacon Mark

yes.

Well more questions. I used the DT Swiss spoke calculator and input the hubs dimensions that I measure myself to make certain. It is a basic Novotec f842sb hub. According the the calculations it says 282 for DS and 287 for NON DS. That seems to be more than usual of 2 mm difference. I am sure of my measuring does that seem reasonable to have 5mm difference?

Deacon Mark

Well, never say "never", but a 5mm difference *does* sound quite high to
me. Oh, but wait - did this hub have different-diameter flanges? Then
the two sides' spoke lengths could be quite different indeed.

Mark J.

Old September 16th 20, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 2:29:01 PM UTC-7, Mark Cleary wrote:
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 12:52:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Op dinsdag 15 september 2020 om 18:50:35 UTC+2 schreef :
These are tubeless compatible do they have traditional spoke access holes?
Deacon Mark

yes.

Well more questions. I used the DT Swiss spoke calculator and input the hubs dimensions that I measure myself to make certain. It is a basic Novotec f842sb hub. According the the calculations it says 282 for DS and 287 for NON DS. That seems to be more than usual of 2 mm difference. I am sure of my measuring does that seem reasonable to have 5mm difference?

Deacon Mark

IIRC, its around 281/282 3X NDS on a Shimano Ultegra hub with the DT460s. You're numbers are way off unless that Novatec is a high-low flange hub, and even if it were, it would have to have a really low NDS. Could you send us a link to the hub. Those numbers don't pull anything up.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 16th 20, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 6:09:26 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

2 cross my rim my bad

Deacon mark
Old September 16th 20, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 4:22:33 PM UTC-7, Mark Cleary wrote:
[...]

I don't know the hub but suspect the spoke calc is wrong because of some input error. I could see getting that kind of length disparity on a high-low hub or a hub with different cross-patterns side to side like 3X DS and 2X NDS.

-- Jay Beattie.

dt swiss rims mark cleary Techniques 2 May 22nd 12 05:00 AM
Why wooden rims are superior to carbon fibre reinforced plastic rims Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 12 September 17th 10 04:42 PM
DT Swiss RR 1.1 Rims CG Techniques 0 June 21st 06 08:00 PM
DT Swiss RR 1.1 rims? [email protected] Techniques 52 January 4th 06 09:43 PM
FA:Mavic CXP 33 Rims, Hugi 240 Hubs, Dt Swiss spokes dobr24 Marketplace 0 November 1st 04 03:21 AM