Furious cyclist in anti-litter rant as he pedals around rubbishstrewn Great Orme

Old August 28th 20, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Furious cyclist in anti-litter rant as he pedals around rubbishstrewn Great Orme

Dirty drivers again.
QUOTE:
A furious cyclist sparked a mini Twitter storm after posting a video rant against the amount of litter at a North Wales beauty spot.

Simon Roxburgh, 46, filmed an expletive-ridden tirade while preparing for a marathon charity challenge on the Great Orme, Llandudno.

He urged Britain’s “lazy b******s to stop treating the countryside like it was “their own litter bin”.

The land surveyor from Penrhyn Bay was moved to speak out after pedaling (SIC) along roads lined with fast food wrappers, coffee cartons, drink cans and wet wipes.

Since his video was posted it has been viewed more than 25,000 times.

“With its goats and spectacular views the Great Orme one of the great icons of Llandudno,” he said.

“I’m afraid it was a bit of a rant but I was seething. I was so angry that people come to this beautiful part of the world and can’t be bothered to take their rubbish home with them.”

Online feedback has been universally supportive, reflecting widespread revulsion at the litter bugs.

Local birder Robin Sandham said the Orme is a Special Area of Conservation and a Site of Special Scientific Interest – yet was covered in litter and dog mess.

“Trouble is most of the litter ends up in the sea too,” he said, adding: “There’s very little deterrent.”

Mr Roxburgh apologised for his language but said it was the only way to get his message across.

“I get angry so others don’t have to,” he quipped.

He has competed in triathalon challenges around the world but he said nowhere was littering a bigger problem than in the UK – especially after the easing of lockdown.

As more people are now working from home, and holidaying in Britain, he believes the issue has grown exponentially.

“Littering is endemic at the moment, that’s the truth of the matter,” said Simon.

“People are driving along roads and just chucking this stuff out the car window.

“These are people who think it’s the state’s job to clean up after them, that it’s someone else’s responsibility and not their own.”

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...-rant-18844201
Old August 29th 20, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 28/08/2020 21:44, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Does "Simon" mean like those cyclists who jettison their drinking straws
and bottles when racing... er... "time-trialling"... on the highway?
Old August 30th 20, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Cycloid | 38 posts | 11 min ago
0 likes

The used nappies, pizza boxes, strong lager cans... that I see on the Cheshire lanes could have been left by cyclists, but I suspect that antisocial motorists are the culprits, probably the same ones that think we should pay road tax and ride in the gutter.

It is an offense (sic) to throw anything from a movinge (sic) vehicle

Old August 30th 20, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 30/08/2020 20:56, Simon Mason wrote:

Cycloid | 38 posts | 11 min ago
0 likes

The used nappies, pizza boxes, strong lager cans... that I see on the Cheshire lanes could have been left by cyclists, but I suspect that antisocial motorists are the culprits, probably the same ones that think we should pay road tax and ride in the gutter.

It is an offense (sic) to throw anything from a movinge (sic) vehicle

Do cyclists (and road.cc) really believe that the Great Orme is in Cheshire?

[One must include road.cc because of the execrable (look it up) attempts
at English.]
Old August 30th 20, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Sunday, 30 August 2020 23:46:10 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 30/08/2020 20:56, Simon Mason wrote:

Cycloid | 38 posts | 11 min ago
0 likes

The used nappies, pizza boxes, strong lager cans... that I see on the Cheshire lanes could have been left by cyclists, but I suspect that antisocial motorists are the culprits, probably the same ones that think we should pay road tax and ride in the gutter.

It is an offense (sic) to throw anything from a movinge (sic) vehicle

Do cyclists (and road.cc) really believe that the Great Orme is in Cheshire?

[One must include road.cc because of the execrable (look it up) attempts
at English.]

How do you get two whales in a mini?