A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Scum throws litter at cyclist

Old September 10th 20, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Scum throws litter at cyclist

More assaults and littering by car drivers.
QUOTE:
A Leeds cyclist has been left fuming after he had a milkshake thrown at him by “pathetic little boxcar” on his way home.

Craig Scott, from Holt Park, was taken by surprise as he cycled behind Leeds Bradford Airport in Yeadon and someone threw the drink at him.

It landed on his back with the rest spilling onto the floor but he believes the culprits were aiming for his dreadlocks.

The 26-year-old sadly did not manage to see who was in the car, the make of the vehicle or licence plate. By the time he had managed to stop safely, they had driven away.

Craig, who has been cycling now for two months, says he has been left unable to report it to the police without these vital details.

He said: “To be honest, I think we’re (cyclists) just easy targets people know that they can easily shout at a cyclist or throw something at them and get away because we can’t catch up to them and it would take too long to get our phones out to record them.

“I was cycling up one of the steepest hills behind the airport so there was no chance of me catching up or doing anything. I was barely able to reach 5mph.

“He came out of nowhere. One minute no one was behind me, the next I had a milkshake thrown at me and a little black car was speeding off.

“I would guess at least two people were in the car because it came from the passenger side of the car.

“I was on my way home, I’d just cycled from Holt Park to Yeadon to see my friend after a day of trekking on Ilkley Moor so at the time I had no energy left.

“It made me really mad and I just have that feeling of wanting to go back to yesterday to actually stop the guy.”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/le...hetic-18911192
Ads
Old September 10th 20, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster

Default Scum throws litter at cyclist

On 10/09/2020 18:19, Simon Mason wrote:

More assaults and littering by car drivers.

Hmmm... Did you actually *read* the report?

No, of course you didn't.

QUOTE:
A Leeds cyclist has been left fuming after he had a milkshake thrown at him by “pathetic little boxcar” on his way home.

Craig Scott, from Holt Park, was taken by surprise as he cycled behind Leeds Bradford Airport in Yeadon and someone threw the drink at him.

It landed on his back with the rest spilling onto the floor but he believes the culprits were aiming for his dreadlocks.

The 26-year-old sadly did not manage to see who was in the car, the make of the vehicle or licence plate. By the time he had managed to stop safely, they had driven away.

Craig, who has been cycling now for two months, says he has been left unable to report it to the police without these vital details.

He said: “To be honest, I think we’re (cyclists) just easy targets people know that they can easily shout at a cyclist or throw something at them and get away because we can’t catch up to them and it would take too long to get our phones out to record them.

“I was cycling up one of the steepest hills behind the airport so there was no chance of me catching up or doing anything. I was barely able to reach 5mph.

“He came out of nowhere. One minute no one was behind me, the next I had a milkshake thrown at me and a little black car was speeding off.

“I would guess at least two people were in the car because it came from the passenger side of the car.

“I was on my way home, I’d just cycled from Holt Park to Yeadon to see my friend after a day of trekking on Ilkley Moor so at the time I had no energy left.

“It made me really mad and I just have that feeling of wanting to go back to yesterday to actually stop the guy.”

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/le...hetic-18911192

"Craig, who has been cycling now for two months..."

.... must be due a rest break?

BTW: Does it take a long time and distance to "stop safely" from
something less than 5mph?

And has he really not reported it to the police?