2nd Time The Charm?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 16th 20, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default 2nd Time The Charm?

The air was clean enough to go for a ride for the first time in 2 weeks. I did a short little ride down to bay farm Island along Doolittle Dr. Seemed to me like there was a headwind as usual but not bad. I got out to the coffee shop and it was closed. I should have realized it would be since I left late.

I returned along the bike path through the Oakland Airport. They had repaired all of the broken pavement out by the Raider's training camp where they are putting up another building. I'm really not clear why they're doing that since there is low occupancy in all of the other buildings around there. Since we had all of these discussions about the gusts blowing the aero wheels around I concentrated on that and the bike was going in a perfectly straight line as the bay winds blew around the buildings and gave me continuous though not very strong gusts. A truck had left an oil stripe I i followed it perfectly.

I passed Hegenberger Rd. and got on the way and got on the bike trail proper. You come down this little drop and go around a blind left turn and go straight for about a hundred meters. Some damn ground squirrel was dodging back and forth across the path and I was moving along about 15 mph when just as I looked up there was a small tree across the path. I hit it pretty had. Not just shock but the branches were perhaps a couple of inches in diameter and since it wasn't clear across the path I sort of pushed through them and stop on the other side to gather my wits. I had been hit in the head pretty hard but and then I realized that it had pushed my new high end sunglasses off of my face. Luckily they had caught on my arm. I put them back on and the only damage appeared to be where the lens had been pushed against my face and been covered with greasy sweat. It wasn't until I was halfway home before I realized my rear view mirror was missing. Now home I can't find my spare so I will have to buy a new one.

Here is where Frank says that I didn't run into a tree.

'What charm school did you go to, eh? MrCheerful UK 10 February 27th 17 06:24 AM
Usually the third time is a charm Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 9 September 12th 12 02:43 PM
three's the charm bar Racing 17 January 28th 10 01:38 AM
RR: New England Charm Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 3 August 9th 06 04:05 AM
NOT Helmet, but lucky charm, talisman, holy medal, etc. poll jtaylor UK 3 May 12th 06 02:39 PM