Cycling keeps your immune system young, study finds

Old September 3rd 19, 04:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Cycling keeps your immune system young, study finds

The sport also preserves muscle and helps maintains stable levels of
body fat and cholesterol

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ng-study-finds
--
Bod
Old March 15th 20, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Combine that with Boris's efforts to achieve herd immunity and that's one way to increase the % of cyclists on the streets!

Just don't mention my name.

Old March 15th 20, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 4:42:48 AM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
The sport also preserves muscle and helps maintains stable levels of
body fat and cholesterol

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ng-study-finds
--
Bod

I was at my fittest when I was cycling 200 miles a week and having a sauna every night.
Old March 16th 20, 03:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

The sport also preserves muscle and helps maintains stable levels of
body fat and cholesterol

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ng-study-finds
--
Bod

I was at my fittest when I was cycling 200 miles a week and having a sauna every night.

The OP & link made a profound impression on my entire world view last year which was already solidly for cycling. Nevertheless, it took 3 months of pandemic to finally get me to respond.

("How 'bout that info age?" Horses and ships moved faster.)

More often than not micro = macro so, like humanity itself I'll probably die of something trivially cheap and easy to prevent.

You might wonder why climate science deniers, after being asked why a + 2 degree C fever is an issue while 2 C increase in the biosphere temp is not an issue, don't argue, "Macro ain't micro."

The reason is any nuance, any distinction, defeats bottom fishing.

Bret Cahill