Van driver who caused death of much-loved cyclist in horror smash is jailed

Old August 28th 20, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Van driver who caused death of much-loved cyclist in horror smash is jailed

On 28/08/2020 18:28, Mike Collins wrote:
On Friday, 28 August 2020 17:43:31 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 28/08/2020 17:06, Mike Collins wrote:

I am not going to start trawling your posts, if that's what you
mean.

Obviously that would be more trouble than spinning out an argument.

Others - and you - know the truth of the matter. Just a few
days ago you were waxing lyrical on the supposed benefits of an
illegal drug.

Go on... try to deny it.

Given how the Nugent seems to hold our legal system in such high regard,
it is remarkable that he never applies the principle of innocent until
proven guilty to his own accusations.

So no evidence to support your claim as usual. I do not deny that all
peer reviewed evidence suggests legalising cannabis for medical and
recreational use would be beneficial to individuals and society.
Similarly opening clinics where addicts can be given a maintenance
dose of hard drugs with help and support will reduce the number of
hard drug addicts and put the drug cartels out of business.

Well, there you go. When translated into Liverpuddlian that clearly
means wot 'e said.
Old August 29th 20, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 22:42 27 Aug 2020, Mike Collins said:

Please cite the post where I condone driving under the influence of
drugs, legal or illegal. Do you condone driving under the influence of
the legal drug Ethanol?

You failed to answer my previous question asking if you take cannabis. Would
you answer it now?
Old August 29th 20, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 18:28 28 Aug 2020, Mike Collins said:

So no evidence to support your claim as usual. I do not deny that all
peer reviewed evidence suggests legalising cannabis for medical and
recreational use would be beneficial to individuals and society.
Similarly opening clinics where addicts can be given a maintenance dose
of hard drugs with help and support will reduce the number of hard drug
addicts and put the drug cartels out of business.

We're in the post-legalisation honeymoon phase but it won't last for ever.
Serious reviews say it's too early to judge the safety of cannabis as
reports are still emerging of psychiatric damage and psychosis.

"The complete effect of legalizing and commercializing marijuana on
consumers' mental health and their educational outcomes is expected to
take a longer duration prior to its achievement; unfortunately, fewer
merits are anticipated.

Most of the reports evaluated in this article proved to be marred with
inconsistencies. Many of the stated claims did not pass a methodical
evaluation. Going forward, additional data from available sources will
lead to stronger conclusions."

From "Public Health Concerns of Marijuana Legalization"