Cyclist suffers life-changing injuries following collision - driver arrested

Old September 1st 20, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Cyclist suffers life-changing injuries following collision - driver arrested

QUOTE:
Just after 5pm yesterday (31 August 2020), officers received a report of a road traffic collision on Huddersfield Road in Lees, Oldham, involving a motorcycle and a cyclist.

Emergency services attended and a 20-year-old motorcyclist, on a blue Suzuki motorbike, suffered a serious injury and a cyclist, a man in his 50s was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries where he remains.

A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Sergeant Joe Barron, from GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Sadly this incident has left a man in a life-threatening condition and we are keen to establish the full circumstances surrounding the collision.

“We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has any dash-cam footage. Anyone that may have any information is asked to call us on 0161 856 4741 quoting incident number 2164 of 31 August 2020.

“Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

https://saddind.co.uk/cyclist-suffer...oad-collision/
Old September 1st 20, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/09/2020 15:02, Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Despite their sometimes unfortunate image, motor-cyclists, in my
experience and observation, are among the most careful and skilled of
road-users.

They never hold you up, they are always courteous (if a little fast at
times) and you never see them riding along footways.
Old September 1st 20, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvYtsLdolMM
Old September 1st 20, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 5:58:38 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvYtsLdolMM

Some of the biggest menaces on the roads and the victims of the most road deaths by a country mile.

1% of road traffic and yet 20% of fatalities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/u...ter=cb00000001
Old September 1st 20, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Graham Houck

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 1:57:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 5:58:38 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvYtsLdolMM

Some of the biggest menaces on the roads and the victims of the most road deaths by a country mile.

1% of road traffic and yet 20% of fatalities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/u...ter=cb00000001

I am a student in America and I haven't the slightest clue as to how I got here, but I would just like to say this is my favorite email chain I have ever encountered.
Old September 1st 20, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 7:03:27 PM UTC+1, Graham Houck wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 1:57:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 5:58:38 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvYtsLdolMM

Some of the biggest menaces on the roads and the victims of the most road deaths by a country mile.

1% of road traffic and yet 20% of fatalities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/u...ter=cb00000001

I am a student in America and I haven't the slightest clue as to how I got here, but I would just like to say this is my favorite email chain I have ever encountered.

It is called a Newsgroup on USENET and has been around since 1996.
Old September 2nd 20, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/09/2020 17:58, Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

The idea that those people are qualified motor-cyclists is laughable.
They are obviously qualified only to ride bicycles and so are cyclists
(at best).