Birmingham letting agent employees accused of vandalising cycle lanewands to park their cars

Old September 16th 20, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Birmingham letting agent employees accused of vandalising cycle lanewands to park their cars

Criminal damage.
QUOTE:
In the footage, a driver is shown parking inside a cycle lane with recently installed 'wands' on Carver Street in Birmingham. At least five cars are parked inside the cycle lane - rendering it useless - and after attempting to bend on a wand and pull it out of the ground, two people are then shown unscrewing and removing it entirely.

Sophie Watson, who uploaded the footage to Twitter, said: "Cones have been here for 3 weeks now and I'm pretty sure all cars here belong to staff at the branch. Plenty of room left in front and behind to get out. I just wish I could say I was shocked watching this."

Today the missing wand appears to have returned, but the cycle lane still cannot be used because of cars parked within it. The policing unit for the Jewellery Quarter area of Birmingham have now said they will "try and get someone down to speak to the owners of the vehicles". The people in the footage allegedly work for property management company Martin & Co.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...er-2020-277297