Mixed reception?

Old December 5th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

Default Mixed reception?

Quoting from Yahoo sports news:

However, Armstrong remains puzzled by the mixed reception, especially
after spending the week before Astana’s camp in Nice. There, a
restaurant gave him a standing ovation and a push to win an eighth
Tour title next July.

“In my mind, I say what the hell is the problem here?” Armstrong said.
“I don’t know if it’s a regional thing … France isn’t full of haters.
The most prudent thing to do is just to relax when it comes to that
relationship. We’re going to be back, we’re going to race, we’re going
to be on their roads.

“If you want to come out and yell things, that’s fine. But just don’t
block the roads.” (End quote)

All I can say is, Lance Awareness has returned to Austin. Even for old
large guys with grey hair and no Trek, Livestrong, etc. etc. visible.

Kind of like when the Olympics were happening in '84, and people would
ask if we were out training for the Olys.

WTH, I enjoy it, and much better than getting run over, you know?

I hope he continues his generally good luck IRT exposure on public
roads, and we get some Epic Determinations as the upcoming racing
season unfolds.
Incl. how the pie will be divided between two hungry competitors on
the same team, of course. --D-y

'mixed drinks' flyingdutch Australia 8 November 27th 06 02:10 AM
New mixed video iridemymuni Unicycling 12 July 13th 06 10:04 PM
radio reception on bike E Willson General 101 October 24th 05 07:03 PM
Radio reception on bike E Willson Techniques 6 October 21st 05 12:48 AM
A mixed mode mixed bag Just zis Guy, you know? UK 10 October 2nd 03 04:33 PM