Super Record capacity

Old October 15th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DNM

Default Super Record capacity

Is it acceptable, with the new SR 11 speed, to run 11-25 with 50/34?
How about 12-27 with 50/34?
Old October 15th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

DNM wrote:
Is it acceptable, with the new SR 11 speed, to run 11-25 with 50/34?
How about 12-27 with 50/34?

Yes.

If you know someone with a computer, you might ask them to
check campagnolousa.com for you.

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...-ENG-A_com.pdf

Here's how to do that:
http://tinyurl.com/ygwtugc

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old October 15th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 15 Oct, 18:49, Ronko wrote:
In article 05875a1a-04b0-4b1c-b486-
,
says...

Is it acceptable, with the new SR 11 speed, to run 11-25 with

50/34?
How about 12-27 with 50/34?

Acceptable as meaning will it work? It will work fine.
Acceptable as in being a gear range you like and/or need? Example:
is 50/12 high enough or do you need 50/11.

Probably not.

*Is 34/25 low enough or
do you need 34/27 or even 34/29?

Quite rare on an unloaded bicycle, old legs and chest excepted.
Old October 15th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DNM

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...gnolo2010-ENG-...

Here's how to do that:http://tinyurl.com/ygwtugc

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Therein lies the problem. The Campy site does not say what the RD
range is. When I did find info, it would imply RD would allow 29
total, and only 14 front. That is why I asked people with actual
experience, rather than continue to search the web for possibly
incorrect info.

Old October 16th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ronko

In article 7f9850cf-578f-427f-8dd3-
,
says...

On Oct 15, 1:30*pm, AMuzi wrote:
DNM wrote:
Is it acceptable, with the new SR 11 speed, to run 11-25 with

50/34?
How about 12-27 with 50/34?

Yes.

If you know someone with a computer, you might ask them to
check campagnolousa.com for you.

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...Campagnolo2010
-ENG-...

Here's how to do that:http://tinyurl.com/ygwtugc

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Therein lies the problem. The Campy site does not say what the RD
range is. When I did find info, it would imply RD would allow 29
total, and only 14 front. That is why I asked people with actual
experience, rather than continue to search the web for possibly
incorrect info.

If any help with a 10 speed alloy Chorus group I'm running a short cage
RD with 53/39 & 13/29 for total capacity of 30. Supposedly max rear is
27 with newer Campy short cage RD being 28. The setup I've described
works absolutely fine, shifts flawlessly, easily clears large 29 on rear.
And no apologies for what works for me at age 62.

I would suspect a 50/34 and 12/27 with current Campy RD-SS would
work fine and is designed for such. But waiting to see if anyone is
actually running this in an 11 speed grouppo is prudent.

Old October 16th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

On Oct 15, 5:34 pm, DNM wrote:
On Oct 15, 1:30 pm, AMuzi wrote:

DNM wrote:
Is it acceptable, with the new SR 11 speed, to run 11-25 with 50/34?
How about 12-27 with 50/34?

Yes.

If you know someone with a computer, you might ask them to
check campagnolousa.com for you.

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...gnolo2010-ENG-...

Here's how to do that:http://tinyurl.com/ygwtugc

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Therein lies the problem. The Campy site does not say what the RD
range is. When I did find info, it would imply RD would allow 29
total, and only 14 front. That is why I asked people with actual
experience, rather than continue to search the web for possibly
incorrect info.

Duud:

I run a 53/39 with a big of 29 in the back and a short cage rear der
(10v tho). Handles it fine, despite Campy's claims to the contrary.

A compact with a 29 big might cause issues if you mistakenly shifted
into the 53/29 combo - the range of motion required for the compact's
16t difference (two inches more range required) may be too much. If
you wanted to try it, I would set up for the big-big and see if there
was too much slack in the small/[smallest accessible without chain rub
on the inside of the big ring].

Or go to an accommodating lbs and do a little empirical work.

Should work fine with a compact or 53/39 and a 27 max tooth in the
rear. Max/min tooth difference in my 53/39 - 13/29 are 40 and 10, or
a range of 30t. Max/min for the compact and 12/27 are 38 and 7, or a
difference of 31. Think it will work fine.

I run med cage on my bikes with compact cranks - adds like 4 gms and a
whole buncha range.

I assume you are trying to avoid the cost of purchasing a med cage
der.

D'ohBoy
Old October 17th 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 15, 11:06*am, DNM wrote:
Is it acceptable, with the new SR 11 speed, to run 11-25 with 50/34?
How about 12-27 with 50/34?

Yes and yes, no problem.
Old October 17th 09, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Oct 15, 1:30*pm, AMuzi wrote:
DNM wrote:
[...]

We have this very combo on our demo bike with Chorus 11s..works fine.

vintage campagnolo super record and nuovo record parts for sale [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 14th 08 03:14 PM
Super Record fitting - help! alan UK 4 November 14th 06 12:35 PM
FA-Nice Super Record brazeon FD Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Marketplace 0 February 23rd 06 02:15 PM
max shifting capacity on C-Record derailleur Lee Techniques 0 June 19th 05 04:19 PM
FA-Last day-Nice Super Record rear der Qui Si Parla Campagnolo Marketplace 0 March 12th 05 03:11 PM