New email from Kryptonite

Old March 28th 05, 04:54 PM
Call me Bob

Default New email from Kryptonite

Just FYI, if you are still waiting for a lock exchange from Kraptonite
I've had an email arrive from them today:

"Kryptonite has recently implemented improvements to our Lock Exchange
Process both on our web site and logistically. This means that the
UPS Prepaid Labels and replacement locks are going out much faster.

It has been brought to our attention that there may have been a glitch
in our On Line Registration Form for a short time span that resulted
in some data loss. You may also be getting this e-mail because when
you registered you were not specific as to the model of your lock or
the key number stamped on your key. If you have NOT yet received your
UPS Prepaid Label, we are asking that you please revisit
www.kryptonitelock.com and re-register. If you are able to
re-register, then your original registration was affected by this
glitch and we apologize for the inconvenience. Once your information
is submitted, you should expect to receive notification from us and
your Prepaid Label within 10-14 days.

The only exception to this is if you are waiting for a KryptoDisco or
DFS Motorcycle Lock. These locks should be available at the end of
April.

We are sorry for any inconvenience."

I registered back in early December and this is the first contact I've
had from them. So it's taken 4 months for them to email me and say
"we've lost your details, can you start again please?"

Way to go guys, nice work.

--

"Bob"

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.
Old March 28th 05, 05:36 PM
Ian Smith

On Mon, 28 Mar, Call me Bob wrote:

I registered back in early December and this is the first contact I've
had from them. So it's taken 4 months for them to email me and say
"we've lost your details, can you start again please?"

That sounds quite like what happened to me - in which case rather than
ask what lock I had, the sent out the smallest, most basic one (which
didn't fit what I lock up).

Still waiting for my correct lock (and I registered in October),
though I have had a note from UPS saying they tried to deliver
something when I was out - maybe that's teh long-awaited lock.

regards, Ian SMith
Old March 28th 05, 06:23 PM
Bob

Call me Bob wrote:

[snipped...]

www.kryptonitelock.com

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetis...c?tn=home_home

HTTP Error 404

404 Not Found

The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check
the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Hmmm, great website....

Cheers,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,
Old March 28th 05, 07:27 PM
Call me Bob

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:23:32 +0100, Bob wrote:

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetis...c?tn=home_home

HTTP Error 404

404 Not Found

The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check
the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

Hmmm, great website....

That's what I thought too. Email after 4 months to say they've cocked
up, please re-register at this website... but the website is on it's
arse. Good grief.

*shakes head*

Old March 29th 05, 02:13 PM
Ian Smith

On 28 Mar 2005 16:36:17 GMT, Ian Smith wrote:

Still waiting for my correct lock (and I registered in October),
though I have had a note from UPS saying they tried to deliver
something when I was out - maybe that's teh long-awaited lock.

It was - I've received it now, and this one fits round what I want to
lock up. A mere 5 months from registration to receipt of lock.

I was interested to note www.kryptonitesettlement.com - the exchange
program is not purely out of teh goodness of their hearts, it's to get
out of a class action suit. If you choose not to exchange your lock,
you can get a voucher for money off another lock (but only in the USA,
I think) and compensation if your bike is nicked while locked up with
a tubular key lock. Also, kryptonite promise not to make any tubular
key locks for at least 10 years.

I've only skimmed teh site so far, some of teh details may be wrong -
it's all in legalese and teh FAQ is empty.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|