Johan Bruyneel crticizes Contador

Old December 7th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Default Johan Bruyneel crticizes Contador

Fred Fredburger wrote in
:

No, no, no! It's only Armstrong that does that. LeMond told me so!

Isn't the correct spelling "LemonD?"

--
Bill "had nothing else" Asher
Old December 7th 09, 08:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Dec 6, 11:29*pm, Randall wrote:
On Dec 6, 9:08*pm, Fred Fredburger
wrote:

No, no, no! It's only Armstrong that does that. LeMond told me so!

(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cont...g-credibility-
questioned )

""For Contador, with an effort of twenty minutes at 90% VO2max, weight
of 62 kg, maximum aerobic power is 493 watts, which gives an oxygen
consumption of 6.17 liters / min: 99.5 ml / min / kg!" Vayer wrote.

LeMond, in response, called on Contador to prove that he is physically
capable of achieving these numbers without the use of performance-
enhancing products, "assuming the validity of the calculations"."

This is a great idea, finally we can dispense with
all of this expensive and tedious racing, get the damn
bicycles off the road, and simply have the competitors
all blow into VO2 machines to determine the legitimate
and rightful winners.

It might cut into the sales of bicycles to wannabees
and the recreational market, but Lemond has already
demonstrated that he's willing to sacrifice a few dollars
of tainted bicycle revenue to make progress in the quest
for truth.

Sincerely,

Greg Lemond
Old December 7th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Dec 6, 11:53*pm, Randall wrote:

(Translated, sort of):
Contador said after the tour that he has no respect for
human Armstrong ...This is a howl
that can count.

I was disappointed at the cheap shots Armstrong and Contador traded.
TDF champions need to present a better example for the sport. With the
exception of this minor incident Lance has conducted himself *a true
professional. This what I admire most about Lance.

Lance and Bruyneel took all the cars to the start of the ITT, leaving
Alberto to call his brother for a ride.
I also heard there was a problem for Contadore in getting water during
the race. I don't know nuthin', that's what I heard and given the
source I'm 99.9999% sure it's true.

That's Lance & Co. acting like punks, not pros. Think there might be
more? I do.

Admire the deeds, not the person. For all the good the Foundation has
done, and whatever else there is.
Lance? He was a (relatively) poor kid from a "family" or two with real
problems. He is not a sweet warm huggy bear.
Look at the pics on the final TdF podium, with Lance staring at the
winner's trophy, in Alberto's hands. The "professional" facade (which
he is very very good at maintaining) was absent chez Lance at that
moment.
There's a monstrous drive there; how else could he have won 7 in a
row?

TdF 010, I hope everyone is in tip-top form and ready to rumble. It
should really be something to remember, as long as the organization
doesn't screw it up as with last year.
--D-y
Old December 7th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

wrote:

[...]

Well doping is getting more sophisticated so testing must advance as
well. Naturally doing Vo2 testing for all riders would not be
practical.
Old December 7th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

There's a monstrous drive there; how else could he have won 7 in a
row?

better at doping than everyone else. 7 World Doping Championships in
a row ...
Old December 7th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Randall wrote:
I was disappointed at the cheap shots Armstrong and Contador traded.
TDF champions need to present a better example for the sport. With the
exception of this minor incident Lance has conducted himself a true
professional. This what I admire most about Lance.

You mean like the time he chased down Simeoni ?
Old December 7th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Dec 7, 11:34*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Randall wrote:
I was disappointed at the cheap shots Armstrong and Contador traded.
TDF champions need to present a better example for the sport. With the
exception of this minor incident Lance has conducted himself *a true
professional. This what I admire most about Lance.

You mean like the time he chased down Simeoni ?

Don't waste your time Don -- you're dealing with a fanboy here. Note
the "Lance" instead of the proper rbr "LANCE"
Old December 7th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jason Spaceman[_2_]

On Dec 7, 12:53*am, Randall wrote:

I was disappointed at the cheap shots Armstrong and Contador traded.
TDF champions need to present a better example for the sport. With the
exception of this minor incident Lance has conducted himself *a true
professional. This what I admire most about Lance.

Filippo Simeoni might take issue with that.

J. Spaceman

Old December 7th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Dec 7, 10:05*am, bar wrote:
There's a monstrous drive there; how else could he have won 7 in a
row?

better at doping than everyone else. *7 World Doping Championships in
a row ...

Well, that's the way it is. All sports, (generally) all human endeavor
including watching football on TV (glug glug glug!).

And that's the way it has always been, too. Despite the "moralizers"
who "call for a return to a time (imaginary) when Sport was Pure"--
which if you look includes a fair number of sports writers who need to
sell something, anything "big".

Lance only won the TdF. So who else do you hate for winning other
races (doping championships)?
--D-y

Old December 7th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_8_]

William Asher wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote in
:

No, no, no! It's only Armstrong that does that. LeMond told me so!

Isn't the correct spelling "LemonD?"

You're trying to work this around to another Lemon Club reference,
aren't you?

Johan/Armstrong/Contador setting stage for epic 1st stage Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 19 July 5th 09 08:33 PM
Someone Please Inform Johan B. Lafferty Racing 3 September 13th 06 06:02 PM
c'mon Johan, tell us how you really feel Mike Bruno Racing 53 November 2nd 05 09:24 AM
Johan Contemplates Bleet Norf Racing 6 October 5th 05 02:32 AM
Johan Museeuw hombre_de_bicycle Racing 17 October 18th 04 11:22 AM